Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best 28' performance boat for rough water? >

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Notices

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Old 01-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Whirlygig
.....tired of not seeing the pics.

Whirlygig
It gets old quick doesn't it!

Hey SS930 I forgot to put my at the end of that post. Hope you didn't think I was being an a$$. I didn't mean it that way.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by BJM
Mr offshore and C-spray: I agree that the 28 bat is the best single engine rough water boat there is, I think that's just a fact. To beat a 28 will be very difficult , but I'm up for the challenge,(what's 1000 bucks anyway).....
Let's be up front about this - it's MrOffshore's money, not mine. HE'S the one doing most of the bragging here.

That is, unless I win. In that case, the money was a loan to me.... I just want this to be fun.

One nice thing about choosing the Turkey Point to JJ's route is that it's virtually GUARANTEED to be pretty bumpy on almost any day. If we do this on a Saturday, all we have to do is wait for the "11:00 AM Gin Palace and Monster Cruiser Blue Hair Parade" to run all their Hatteras', Cruisers', and SeaRays through there, and it will look like a giant washing machine.

If they don't show up, we'll just get BajaBob38 to make a couple of passes in his 38 Special. THAT outta do it!
Old 01-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Registered

Wicked One,

Jim,

Thanx for the Welcome. I took your reply as intended. No harm done. I am sure we've meet, such a small world you know. Though after being in the boat for so many years I stayed away for quite a while. Found it difficult to watch from the dock if you know what I mean. I still have a few friends than race and get to live vicariously through them for now.

I payed the piper an hour ago so I should be able to PM you once they update the sight. The post said approx. a day but it may be sooner. I'll keep trying.

Do you have a 41? I saw your logo had a yellow 41 on it. There was a yellow 41 sitting outside the Saber factory for a couple months just recently. I haven't seen it for about a month. Was that yours? No drives on the back, no hatch. Logical assumption as I am sure there aren't many all yellow 41's out there.

Lance
Old 01-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally posted by C_Spray
Let's be up front about this - it's MrOffshore's money, not mine. HE'S the one doing most of the bragging here.
He can do all the bragging because he had a 28 for a few years. No worries on the monies, I will personally put up a $1000 for each 28 batboat that wishes to come.

Dale, Rick, Mark, Brent, Rob, Rich, Jesse... you guys up for this? Maybe we could take the top 3 spots?

Chris Reindl

We can even put a few guys in the new molded backseats if anyone wants to just go for a ride.
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-28-interior-backseat.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Registered

BJ, I think I'll take you up on the $1000 run...you don't need to fear the bat, just pay the debt at the end of the day...hell, I'll even buy your drinks at the end of the day with my winnings...my only stipulation is that no matter how rough it is the race is on...if someone conceeds they lose the cash. If both conceed it's a draw.
1 BJ doesn't know what conceed means

2. I think too many of you confuse choppy with rough.

3. The only pics I see of any boats running in the rough are Bats and Panteras, I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the Activator kicks as in the rough.
At Least, my ass was kicked all year by one

FYI THIS is rough
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-daytona.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ScottB
[2. I think too many of you confuse choppy with rough.

Scott-
Many people get spoiled with the Chesapeake bay waters...
I have boated there for YEARS, and know the water conditions south of Turkey point... Yes it gets bumpy, but I wouldn't call it a rough water area.
Yeah you get the occasional motoryacht wake that is a 3'-4' swell, but it's not relentless like the ocean is...
The race should be done in CONSTANT 3-4' swells for about 5-10 miles.

FYI- windblown chop is not rough water....
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 01-12-2004, 04:42 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Scott...yep that looks like it is "rough". Tim if the wind is blowing up the bay 15-20 mph you can get some pretty decent water, more like 2-3"s. Otherwise your right it is 1-2's. Only better spot is the Ocean but if you get any kind of wind at all with the swells aren't many that would hang with it I'm affraid. I ran off AC for 15 years in a 26' Sutphen and I don't miss one minute of it! Only better spot on the bay would be down the middle around Annapolis. That can get pretty interesting on a Saturday afternoon.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Sure thing Bob. There are times when I'd rather be in the bay than in the ocean...without question..
But these guys are talkin' rough water boats.
The best prooving ground for this what is now a challenge, should be in fact "offshore."

We have a similar situation here with the East/West coasts of FL.
The east coast is usually (90%) rough in the ocean. Where as the west coast is 90% smooth water...
I wouldn't round up a bunch of rough water boats and test them in Sarasota....
Smooth enough for a 24 Skater to haull azz right along...
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-ryan%5Cs-lake-boat-small-.jpg  
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 01-12-2004, 05:13 PM
BJM
Registered

Tim

When the wind is howling (from Turkey Point and south) the water gets plenty big enough to prove our point. I did'nt say this was the best place in the world, but this is where Warpaint and Myself boat every weekend. Don't make this more than it is!

My boat is still at Jo's, call me if your interested with or w/o the motor 610 742-0078
Old 01-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by BJM
...I did'nt say this was the best place in the world, but this is where Warpaint and Myself boat every weekend.
Me, too. Almost all of my stored GPS routes start at bouy "A".

Don't make this more than it is!
Too late for that....

Quick Reply: Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.