Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best 28' performance boat for rough water? >

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Notices

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Hmmmmmmm. The computer debate continues!
Old 07-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, gotta toss in my .02. I am looking to build a 28'-ish V but with outboards - basically I want turn-key, low maintenance, good performance and most of all... to keep my balls from getting busted by the local MP for noise. And on top of that, I just want something different that you don't see everyday. With that said, I spent a considerable amount of time on the phone yesterday with Brian - aka, Joker Powerboats. If you are going to buy a boat based on the builder - you'd be missing out if you don't give Brian a call, not to mention his boats have a reputation of being seriously well-built azz-kickers!! We went over them stem to stern and they have all the right stuff, and then some. I, along with a lot of others have watched them run and they can run! He's a stand-up no BS, kind of guy - and his boats are built the same way. You can get it custom-plush, or stripped out to just run hard like a scalded dog, it's up to you. Give them a good look, you might not know what you're missing.

BTW, this was NOT a paid endorsement, just my opinion on the subject.

(Brian - I'll get you that address where you can send me that new 60" plasma TV ).

Mark.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:34 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

DTM, Saber will build you a 28 ob too... don't see that everday either.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the kind words Mark! I have you some pricing and I'll call tomorrow!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
OK, gotta toss in my .02. I am looking to build a 28'-ish V but with outboards - basically I want turn-key, low maintenance, good performance and most of all... to keep my balls from getting busted by the local MP for noise. And on top of that, I just want something different that you don't see everyday.
How about something like this?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-5521.html
Old 07-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

DotheMath, is correct about Joker. Also when ever there is a rough or choppy race and a Joker boat is out on the course..that boat is always up front.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Krptonite????? Progression??????
Old 07-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow - let the flood gates open - thanks for all the suggestions guys. A bit more on what I am looking for... I want to buy new, yeah I know - great idea on a boat, depreciation being what it is and all, but... I just like new, get what I want and know the history of the boat, yada yada. I looked at that Pantera - but it is just a bit too "fishy" for me, I have a wife and 15mo. son to work with. The best part, my wife's comment about our next boat, "I miss going fast and picking up that occasional let's-see-whos-faster race...". So, I've got that goin' for me But, I need a few amenities - cabin to get the boy out of the sun for a nap if needed, and gear stowage, maybe a port-a-potty, (although being on a lake I always took them out), and some decent freeboard. also want a good-solid ride, I'll even give up that last couple mph on the top for it. I've had two Formulas and a Donzi for my last three boats, I love Progression, but not crazy about the cockpit and helm set up. I didn't know Saber would do a 28 O/B, worth a look for sure, Kryptonite is awesome, just not sure about the narrow beam. Based on what we have for dealers and fuel on our lake - service thinking here - I'm prob. going to go with Merc's, like the 250 xs Opti's, and I guess if I wanted to I could go to the 300 xs Opti's as we do have a couple stations with super available. This time around I wan't turn-key, low maint., gas-n-go boating - and not have to worry about getting thrown off for noise. I'm also looking at center consoles - like the 30' Concept, kind of the best of all worlds for a big lake like ours.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dothemath did you look into the Adrenaline's at all, try taking a look at them you wont be disapointed they have an awesome boat. www.adrenalinepowerboats.com www.uniqueperformancewest.com awesome boats.

John
Old 07-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thread says 28 ft. Tell Mike Layton his buddy says hi!

Quick Reply: Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.