Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best 28' performance boat for rough water? >

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Notices

Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Old 01-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Default 28 OFFSHORE

I spent 12 hours detailing a 28 SABER yesterday and was very impressed with the way they are built. If I was to buy a 28 I would look for a SABER , PANTERA or an APACHE all of which are hard to come by since they are custom built, low production,high quality rides.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Nice First Post !

Originally posted by LEOPAJM
this thread asks for the BEST 28' for rough water ... and I can assure you that there are NO boats in the same 28' category that will be better in the rough then the SABER ! Granted ... some of the resale may be due to the lack of a marketing presence (once again ... no T-shirts) JM
Pretty Bold Statement. Willing to put any money on that? I personally would throw $10,000 on Brent in rough water anyday. I know Saber makes one hell of a boat, but to say NO boats in the same category is bold.

Maybe we could stage a showdown up at the Poker Run up there? Last I heard Glassdave finished second or third out of 100 or so boats when it got rough. In only our 24 One Design with a Small block?

[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Best 28' performance boat for rough water?-vamp-air-world-champion.jpg  
Old 01-10-2004, 12:11 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay Boys, Todd35 made a mistake and owned up to it. Let's cut him some slack and educate him on some of the finer points of Offshore Boats.
Welcome to the board. You have survived the hazing.
Russ Withiam
Old 01-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs down 28' Powerplays Are Not Around...

Because they only built as many as you can count on one hand, total production!!! And the last time one was built, was almost ten years ago!!! Nor does powerplay want to build them...They are only interested in bigger boats & $$$. Ed
Old 01-10-2004, 12:46 PM
WickedWon

Default It's Not The Same Catagory

Lets see, a typical weekend for Dan ( Buzzin Bye) would be to blast over to the Erie islands, pull out the coolers, crank up the tunes and entertain three or four of us while the girls got some rays on the sunpad, then he and his wife would spend the night in the cabin. Are ya still thinking you're in the same catagory ? I don't think so As far as Glassdave ever spanking Dan, I don't remember it ( if i'm wrong Dave let me know) I do know that I never ever saw or heard of another 28' boat getting by Dan in a chop and we're are talking about years of others trying.

As I've said many times your stuff is amazing BUT it's barely a boat, more like a freak'n missile.

Old 01-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by RLW
Okay Boys, Todd35 made a mistake and owned up to it. Let's cut him some slack and educate him on some of the finer points of Offshore Boats.
Welcome to the board. You have survived the hazing.
Russ Withiam
i remember my fisrt post. supercrash jumped me for no reason except to give me a hard time.
what ever happened to him? i never got payback

whats a 28 saber weigh?

Old 01-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Registered

Is it safe to say that a 28' Bat will spank any other 28' in the rough? Not talking about amenities here.

Not trying to start chit, I've never been in a Bat boat... but I am very curious about them.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Registered

Default Re: 28 OFFSHORE

Originally posted by Nykamp
I spent 12 hours detailing a 28 SABER yesterday and was very impressed with the way they are built. If I was to buy a 28 I would look for a SABER , PANTERA or an APACHE all of which are hard to come by since they are custom built, low production,high quality rides.
Hey Nykamp, I see you are sporting an Apache badge, did you find another one. I've been off this site for a while. Did you sell that other engine buddy was build for you out of fathers old 36? Did I tell you they came back to get Fathers new 36' two months after they stole yours? Phucking thieves have balls!

I fact there was a 38 special taken from a buddy of mines house just down the road from me in the middle of the day. Probably the same guys.

Anyways, back the topic. A boats performance in the rough water has more to do with the driver than the hull. especially a 28 foot length hull. A less experience driver will like a big heavy boat because less effort is needed to run her in the rough well. But if you can really run well (like we all think we can) you can stay with some of the bigger boys,who run the same speed, without beating up on yours. Or breaking a drive.

Just decide what is most important, like cabin room,or number of people the boat can seat, speed you want, color and graphics, for example. If you are strictly racing, just look at some of the APBA boats that run. If you will be weekending, then amenities are an issue. These are my thoughts.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Registered

Default Re: Re: 28 OFFSHORE

Originally posted by Sun 288
Hey Nykamp, I see you are sporting an Apache badge, did you find another one. I've been off this site for a while. Did you sell that other engine buddy was build for you out of fathers old 36? Did I tell you they came back to get Fathers new 36' two months after they stole yours? Phucking thieves have balls!

I fact there was a 38 special taken from a buddy of mines house just down the road from me in the middle of the day. Probably the same guys.
That sucks!!! Where do you guys live? Time to move???
Old 01-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Registered

Without a doubt the Cig. 28ss
My .02

Quick Reply: Best 28' performance boat for rough water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.