Notices

Pain!

Old 01-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pain!

It's amazing how much pain a dislocated shoulder causes. Although I'm not trying to discount the pain of childbirth. Just thought I'd nip that in the bud before someone else made that comparison,,,,,
Old 01-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know about child berth either. But a shoulder does hurt.
What's up Dave?

Mark
Old 01-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My college roomate dislocated his shoulder snow skiing. He said it did not hurt.......until they popped it back in! Then it was agony!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Pure Energy
My college roomate dislocated his shoulder snow skiing. He said it did not hurt.......until they popped it back in! Then it was agony!
That's the truth- I dislocated mine skiing at A-Basin 28 years ago- it has never been the same, in fact still pops out from time to time.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Been through all kinds and Ill chime in with my worst experience. After 3 different back surgeries I experienced back spasms post surgery. I did not know this kind of pain existed. No amount of medication including intravenous drugs that had me hallucinating would help. So bad that I would hyperventilate. I think I woke the whole hospital and kept them awake for 3 days. Ive broken many bones, cut the end of my finger off, was nearly beat to death in a fight in college and had to have my face reconstructed. Those spasms make all the rest combined a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Old 01-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Registered

I have had a dislocated shoulder, BIG PAIN
broken rib's BIGGER PAIN.
But my dad had back surgeries, and I've seen the agony from the spasms he went through. I would'nt wish that on anyone. PERIOD
Get well soon crazyhorse
Old 01-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Registered

Did the dislocation, three fingers and a shoulder, did the back surgery, broke both arms, one twice, fractured my back, fractured my scapula, broke my collar bone, fractured my scull, non of this at once, jammed every finger, bit thru my tongue, tour my Achilles tendon, broke my nose twice, had an ocular blow out (hit in the eye with a squash ball, blows all your muscles out and they sag but it is fixable and I did have eye guards on, thats where I got the broken nose, teaching tennis players to use their wrist, not a roundhouse swing, into my face) I still lift 3 times a week, snowmobile 1000s of miles a year, and boat. I rank up there with evil conivel, and most of this happened on a dirt bike or skateboard.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Mr. Demeanor

PS. The worst pain is pain that you happen to be in. Its funny that way. Hope your feeling beter soon.

Old 01-16-2004, 06:36 AM
Registered

Mr Cig, I took a spill monday night and dislocated my left shoulder. Actually. I'm lucky that I didn't fall on the right arm as it would have shattered the wrist that I just had fused in November. They're taking the steel pins out of that one this coming thursday. Mark, What's the latest on the Cigarette engines?
Old 01-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crazy Horse, quit hurting yourself. Gotta be ready for boating in 3 1/2 months

Quick Reply: Pain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.