Notices

Pain in Paridise Long

Old 01-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pain in Paridise Long

Well after having back surgery just 3 weeks ago I find my self in Boca Raton Fl for some rest and relaxation . Man the weather is great and the boats are awesome. I posted this same post on my clubs web site and copied it and posted here. I will be her till late Sunday 704-634-9004. Thanks for all well wishes and phone calls hopefully I am on the road to recovery.

David

Well me made it into Fort Lauderdale yesterday and what a whirl wind day it was. We met up with Marc Laflur (Driver for Nick Carter Racing) and he was a great tour guide. He will be moving to Newton N.C. soon. We started our tour off at Dollar Offshore Marine. We spent about two hours there working and talking with Art about the project I have for the Sonic he was very helpfull and even worked through lunch to get me the answers to my questions to see if my ideas for the Sonic will work. Dollar has always been very helpfull for my crazy ideas and I would advise anyone that needed service in South Florida to visit with Art , Dana and Mindi (954-463-9988). Our next stop was to Pantera to check on Club member's boat Micheal Landis. Joey dropped everything he was doing just to talk to us and show us his production . Micheal is going to be very happy . Pantera wants to go the extra mile to make there customers happy. Joey took us into his office and showed us the history of Pantera through some of the best photographs I have ever seen . It is a family business that includes not only his Dad ,but mother and sister. Before we left I felt as though we are friends and joey has offered to help me on projects for my Sonic . He gave us t-shirts and made us feel at home. Our next stop was Sonic. What a dissappointment . Sonic has merged with Dakota boats now and all management was out of the office so none of my questions could be answered. So we bought 85 dollars worth of Sonic gear with a great 10% discount. I hope to have better results today as all are suppose to be back in the office. So after 30 mins of visiting Sonic we had dinner at Tunas on the intercostal . Thats when my natural high was lost and the realality of me being on my feet for about 6 hours set in. It was getting late so Sonya and I thank Marc for his hospitality and left for Boca . By the time we arrived at the hotel my pain was increasing quickly. The desk clerk notice my pain and told me of his experience with back pain and to assure me that t I will heal and get over this back pain. They put us on the 7th floor garden view room with was unbelieveable. Finally in the bed and getting comfortable. The phone rings and the Desk clerk tells Sonya that we have to switch rooms. He told her that he wanted to do somthing nice for us. Nice is hard to describe what he did. He personally came and got us form the 7th floor and brought us down to a first level ocean front room were everthing is in walking distance. He told us this was one of only ten rooms that were with in walking distance of everthing. I am sitting here right now watching boats leaving the intercoastal and going into the ocean. We were blown away by what this nice gentleman has done for us.
Well I just wanted to let my family know how things were going . Its 75 degrees right now with a light wind.

See you guys Soon

David and Sonya

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc