Notices

Martin Offshore

Old 02-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Martin Offshore

Hey OSO. I just wanted to share my experience with Martin Offshore this past week. We went down there to pick up the race boat and to see the progress on the Apache.

On the way down we called to get directions from the parkway to the shop and Rose was extremely helpful! When we asked about a hotel close to them, Rose said that she and Jacky would call around to find us a place. A few minutes later they called us back and had booked us a reservation at a nearby hotel. Unbelievable! All I was expecting was the name of something close and they volunteered to take care of everything!

On Wednesday we went to the shop to see the Apache and again we were blown away with the attention we received from everybody there. We met Rose and Jacky in the main office and they were as nice in person as they were on the phone. Jacky took us out so that we could see the boat and she introduced us to one of the guys in the shop named Toby. Jacky and Toby hung out with us and absolutely took care of us until Tres got there. As if the two of them were not busy as can be and did not have anything better to do. Again, unbelievable!

Tres arrived and he, Jacky and Toby spent most of the day going over the boat with us. As before, unbelievable attention and customer care! We made a list of things that we wanted to complete while the boat was there and none of it seemed to be a problem at all. So many places tend to get irritated or impatient when it comes to little details, but not them. From our point of view it seemed as if we were their only customer. That is incredible. From the minute we walked in the door until the minute that we left, we were their center of attention.

Thursday was basically going to be a relaxing day before we headed for home. That morning we went back to the shop to add a few things to the Apache list that we had forgotten the day before. We also wanted to get directions so that we could pick up the race boat on the way home the next day. Tres had been doing some prop testing for us and the boat was in storage a few hours up the road from his shop. We were planning to go there and get the boat on the way home.

While we were discussing our game plan for the trip home, Tres overheard us talking about draining the engines in the race boat before we left so that we would not have any freezing problems on the way back to Maryland. (It was snowing when we left home earlier in the week.) We were figuring to fully winterize it when we got home. Hearing this, Tres offered to have the race boat brought all the way back to his shop just to winterize it! This way we would be sure not to have any problems. This blew me away. Not only was he willing to transport the boat all the way back to his shop, but he was also offering to fit it into their already busy schedule! What more could you ask for?

We ended up leaving the boat where it was and picking it up on the way because we found out that it was not supposed to be below freezing at home for several days. Either way, it impressed me that Tres was willing to go out of his way to take care of things for us.

One other thing. Later that same morning we decided to go and see the new Cigarette plant. We could go to the old place blindfolded, but we did not know how to get to the new place. Not only did Rose tell us how to get there, she went on line and printed out directions for us! Unbelievable! Once again, top notch service.

Overall, our experience was fantastic. Not only did the boat look great, but these guys went above and beyond what was expected with everything they did. I can honestly say that they really took care of us while we were there and it seemed that they could never do enough for us. That is unbelievable service and is really difficult to find these days. Hats off to the crew at Martin Offshore for a job well done and a special thank you to Tres, Jacky and Toby for the time that they spent with us!

Last edited by Hot Duck; 02-24-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice to hear, i also have nothing but nice things to say about the martin family. dave
Old 02-23-2004, 05:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

That is great to hear, what a professional organization, I wish there was more co. like that.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Kudos

We hear about so much bad service from others this is a welcome change
Old 02-23-2004, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Now that's a first class operation!!!!

Great work guys!
Old 02-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my Playboy from Tres and Jackie, and I would say my experience was just as good as yours.
They took care of finding a hotel, took plenty of time with us to go over the boat before sea trial, and took care of everything at the sea trial.
After the trial, Tres made sure the boat was cleaned and flushed and made ready to go.
I'm very anal about my stuff, and I had a few things I wanted done to the boat before I picked it up. Once again, they made sure everything was taken care of, and then Tres and Jackie drove 16 hours to meet me with my trade in! He could have easily had someone else do that.
Overall, the only complaint I have is that I live so far away that it's not practical for me to have them do absolutely all the work on my boat!
Old 02-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Registered

HOT DOCK !

AWESOME So glad to hear that things have turned around for you and that your boat has had the best care from Martin Marine. it is great to hear that there are still good people in the boating business and they really went the extra for you....
Old 02-23-2004, 01:30 PM
Registered

I was having problems getting a call back from Cig to order some parts, and called Martin Marine instead. Tres was on the phone within 30 seconds and was very helpful.

Good service is what will make me a loyal customer. Good to hear about yor experience.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Registered

I have been doing business with the Martins for the last four years and have always received great service. Tres's customer oriented approach and expertise in boats makes a great combination.
Old 02-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Registered

Becca and I stopped by last monday on the way to the show to visit and to get a t shirt. Great people! Even the dog was freindly and took time to visit.
Hot Duck`s Apache was looking good .
Thanks Tres and Jackie!
Roger.

Quick Reply: Martin Offshore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.