Old 01-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GOING-GOING-GOING-GONE
Old 01-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The yuppie migration sweeping the nation, coming to a town near you................................TURN THAT EXHAUST OFF I AM TRYING TO DRINK MY LATTE...............a-holes
Old 01-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Registered

<head bowed> Thunderboat Row - RIP .
I really regret that I never got the chance to visit.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Registered

Well the sun is begining to set TNT had a few boats in as did we, but it was awfull quiet on the channel, except for the mindless drivers avoiding Route 1 traffic down 187 and 188, all having no clue what they are driving past, just sad
Old 01-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

I feel the same way, just as a tourist viewing a bit of history. Unfortuanately it is, what it is and nothing seems to be able to change that.

I hope that an effort might be put forth to engage with the city to put together some for of monument to mark the location and describe it's history so it is not lost to the years. Maybe a small park or gatheroing area with plaques and mementos dedicated to the men and machines of the era.

We at OSO could even begin this grass-roots effort...

What you you all think, is it worth using our 10,000+ member voice for a good cause instead of just messaging over the Internet?

Board Gods?
Old 01-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Family and I are proud to have been part of this legendary street. 1989-1994.

Regards,

JO-Pantera Boats
Attached Thumbnails Thunder Boat Row-188st.jpg  
Old 01-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Twin screws

It is sad to me, I've been boating all my life,and was oblivious to the fact that all this was going on in Miami. I read Blue Thunder and Searace and realized what I had missed. After I read the books I absolutly had to go to 188st to see that part of history I had missed out on. I've had Baja's, Donzi's and Fountains, all great boats, but after going to see 188st and reading those books, I have a real desire to own a Cigarette. Call it what you want, but it has had a real impact on me. I'm glad for the people in offshore boats and I'm glad for OSO. I really enjoy reading all you good folks have to say and to know that a lot of people enjoy the same as me. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Twin screws

Default Nothing stays the same

It is sad to me, I've been boating all my life,and was oblivious to the fact that all this was going on in Miami. I read Blue Thunder and Searace and realized what I had missed. After I read the books I absolutly had to go to 188st to see that part of history I had missed out on. I've had Baja's, Donzi's and Fountains, all great boats, but after going to see 188st and reading those books, I have a real desire to own a Cigarette. Call it what you want, but it has had a real impact on me. I'm glad for the people in offshore boats and I'm glad for OSO. I really enjoy reading all you good folks have to say and to know that a lot of people enjoy the same as me. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I unfortunatly live in SoCal. This is where the "NIMBY" began. America continues to loose its culture and flavor because government runs on politics instead of public service and money and activism runs politics. This damn word "politics should be listed as a four letter word in the dictionary. Enough said!!
A few moments of silence please for our dying breed!
Raylar

Quick Reply: Thunder Boat Row

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.