Notices

how about an APACHE

Old 02-03-2002, 03:36 PM
loosecannon22

Post how about an APACHE

I am going down to the boat show in 2 weeks and on the way I have 2 28 foot apaches to look at. I was looking for some feedback on the boat if anyone has had one or had ridden in one. one has stock 330's and the other has 550's. any comments on speed, cabin or handling would be great, I know they are built like a tank and thats why I like them so those comments arent needed. more of the ride and speed would help.
thanks
Billy

Old 02-03-2002, 03:45 PM
loosecannon22

I have never driven one yet but I am looking foward to it. I am going to sell the scarab, or trade it in depending on which one I like.

Old 02-03-2002, 05:41 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been in one. It seemed like a good solid V hull that will take some power to get moving. The one I was on had a single 502 and went about 62 tops.
Old 02-03-2002, 06:01 PM
loosecannon22

thanks, I have never seen one with a single yet and I dont think I would buy one that way.

Old 02-03-2002, 06:17 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

loosecannon22-
There was a 28 Apache for sale at Active Thunder in Pompano when I bought my 28 AT in December. They were parked side-by-side and the AT looked quite a bit bigger. (The Apache is now sold- needed a little TLC). Take a look at AT- they are great in the rough and built like a tank as well. Mine is equipped with twin 350MagMPI's and runs low to mid 70's stock. Superchargers in the near future.
BTW- did you get your IA?
Jim
Old 02-03-2002, 07:59 PM
boater31

just buy mine and be done w/ it may be able to make the show! can we stay w/ yall?? will come down friday if les the he-***** can get off work.

Old 02-03-2002, 08:32 PM
ScreaminDemon

the "Apache" had a good name in the old days, but today, there are a couple of alternatives. the 28 Apache with (t) 502's is lucky to hit 75 mph (it was popped off the Monza 26 fish boat. "OVER-BUILT" is not necessarily a good thing...anyways, and in my opinion, its NOT the real Apache, the REAL Apache was a 41' built by Mark McManus...the 28 and 36 were not.

Old 02-03-2002, 09:51 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i though mark mcmanus was still biulding boats? I swear i heard that somewhere a few weeks ago.
Old 02-03-2002, 10:28 PM
loosecannon22

Hey jafo, I got my IA and am starting to work on my private next week, whew just cant get enough of aviation either. I saw the 28 at active thunder and it seemed a little rough inside.they are all 89 or 90,s that I am looking at so they arent new in any case and dont expect them to look that way. I have seen a couple that have big power and hit the 90's but that takes a lot. I am looking to move up slowly to a GUN and this seems to be the next step.
Hey russ, hope you can make it. Keep me informed.

Old 02-03-2002, 10:36 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Congrats on the IA, and have fun with your flying!
The Apache at AT was a little rough- it may be due to the mint green interior color though? Just not my favorite.
Good luck with your search; Apaches are great boats!
Jim

Quick Reply: how about an APACHE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.