Notices

let's talk extreme

Old 01-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
let's talk extreme

I went snowmobiling friday night and road for about 12 hours, once it got dark out it got down to -36 and we continued to ride till 4 am , slept for 3 hours and did another 200 miles and it was -20 all day. needless to say I got a little sick, spent sunday in bed.
P.S. sorry shane, but I was in no condition to ride sunday.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you ride?
Old 01-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Registered

tug hill
Old 01-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I think my tag line below sums that up nicely.

Greg
[
[
\/
Old 01-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I spent about 4 hours on Saturday pulling one out of the river. Then another 3 hours to get it running. Guess the ice isn't all that thick.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Registered

Bummer!
Old 01-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Registered

We rode next to the hill out by Excavators house. I was real close to thinking the next truck was going to be a diesel......nope, frozen fuel sucks in my book.
It is hard to believe what will freeze solid at those temps. Bungee cords were as elastic as steel cable.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Actually the diesel doesn't freeze. It forms a crystal that will plug up the fuel filter. Change the filter and it will run for a while. Of course the real solution is a fuel heater, the correct fuel and/or a conditioner.

I've heard of something simular happening to the snowmobiles. The only thing is that they will either not run (fuel filter) or will seize (oil filter).
Old 01-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Registered

cord my salution would be to beat the phuck out of the truck unil i broke something or hurt myself, then i would hit it with a hard object like a rock, then i would try to kick my snowmobile and fall on my ass and then i would be really pissed cuz i would be cold , hurt, my truck wouldn't run and I would be out a few g's in repair bills, and all my friends would be laughing hystericly.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Cord
Actually the diesel doesn't freeze. It forms a crystal that will plug up the fuel filter. Change the filter and it will run for a while. Of course the real solution is a fuel heater, the correct fuel and/or a conditioner.

I've heard of something simular happening to the snowmobiles. The only thing is that they will either not run (fuel filter) or will seize (oil filter).
See...
I find that interesting now when Im sitting in my heated office. If I were stranded outside trying to get my new diesel running in that cold my reaction would have been more like Hugetimes....
Im not sue weather the tuck is equiped with a fuel heater but it did have the conditioner.
My 5.3 Vortec started right up although I ordered a spare belt today because when it started the belt was frozen and didnt budge for about 2 seconds. Awful screeching noise and I could see them breaking under these conditions.

Quick Reply: let's talk extreme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.