New England Members Sign In!!! >

New England Members Sign In!!!

Notices

New England Members Sign In!!!

Old 06-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: New England Members Sign In!!!

How far is the RI run? Nuts to do it in the Donzi? What is the Course?

Jon
Old 06-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanookstr
Hey Rich Allen, do you boat around the Northampton part of CT river???
Yes , that is home for me as well. I see you flying by from time to time, I know your boat. A few weeks ago I was looking at pics on this site, and saw one that made me smile. I believe it was your riverbank palace, with quite the party going on. It was funny to see that pic out of no-where here on this site.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I understand that there is going to be a very good band this year!
The run is about 75 miles.
We start at the Harborside Restaurant in E. Greenwich, RI with the first card upon departure and then run to New Port, RI for the next card.
Next it's onto the Regatta Restaurant in Battle Ship Cove,Fall River, MA. (this is the best leg of the run). We usually raft-up and have lunch at the Regatta.
Then it is on to Providence,RI (run up the river is also a blast!) just inside the Hurricane barrier for the next card, then onto Warwick, RI and finally back to the Harborside for the "party"!!

Last edited by TomR; 06-18-2004 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Registered

There are numerous ramps, most of them very boater friendly! You could put in the Fall River area, or Providence, or there is a ramp in Warwick that is pretty convenient to the Harborside.
There is actually a ramp just up the street from the Harborside that I just discovered, has been completely re-done this past winter that looks very appealing! This one is good so you can stay afterdark and not have a problem getting back to the ramp!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Registered

I just talked to John, he is getting the Rhode Island Poker Run registration packets together this week.
If you would like information, give John a call (508)509-7811.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:54 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rich allen
Yes , that is home for me as well. I see you flying by from time to time, I know your boat. A few weeks ago I was looking at pics on this site, and saw one that made me smile. I believe it was your riverbank palace, with quite the party going on. It was funny to see that pic out of no-where here on this site.
Yes that be Us before the EPA told us we had to move our spot because we were having way too much fun on tree huger land. I eventually ended up buying my own place further up river on the Airport side. It's the set of docks with the blue pool slide. We now have a 20'x30' pavilion complete with Ice Machine, Daqari machine, and coolers full Be sure to stop me or you stop by next time I'm out.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok Was on Winni... this weekend on sunday and there was no one there???
or more marine patrol than Big boats...So Where was everyone???
Old 06-21-2004, 07:21 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just missed me. I had mine at brothers in Wolfboro for past week and brought home on Saturday, weather blew in the am. I ran over to Lake Port Landing and Naswa. Figures Sunday was beautiful. I'm meeting friends in Newburyport this Sunday, probably 5-6 boats (can't miss us, most are Formulas) Annisquam mid day.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kanookstr
Yes that be Us before the EPA told us we had to move our spot because we were having way too much fun on tree huger land. I eventually ended up buying my own place further up river on the Airport side. It's the set of docks with the blue pool slide. We now have a 20'x30' pavilion complete with Ice Machine, Daqari machine, and coolers full Be sure to stop me or you stop by next time I'm out.
I sure will. Look for the blue and white powerplay, that be me. I am ashamed to admit I havent even had my boat out yet. In years past, I was out there always before memorial day weekend, dodging logs and such still coming down river. But this year am building my house and its killing me to see boats go by my house, on their way to Brunelles, or Mitch's. But I finally built a garage big enough to keep my boat in year round, and that I will enjoy. Also, my wife almost died last year falling out of the boat when it was on trailer at Mitchs ramp. She was up top, on the sun pad, trying to push the ski tube back in the boat, and slipped, fell straight backwards, and landed head first on the ramp. It was pretty scary for a while. Alot of therapy for her, but she is going to be ok. In fact it was last 4th of july weekend, on the last night out. Weekend was over, but just goes to show ,you never know when something can happen, and you can never be too careful. Have not been boating since, but now am dying to get out there and hear the motor sing. Wife says she is good to go, and not blaming accident on boating. She's a trooper. Good for you for buying that spot. Now you have full control of things. I'm sure its quite the spot, considering what you were able to do with that other spot. Im shooting for 4th of July again, and will break away from the house for a while to get the boat ready. People trying to talk me into going to Block Island for the weekend, but not sure yet where I will end up yet.The river always is convenient though.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

We where at winni on Wednesday not many boats out but the drinks were sure cold at the Naswa, what a day, planning to get out on Saturday and taking a blast over to Newburyport.

Quick Reply: New England Members Sign In!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.