What are you paying for Poker Runs >

What are you paying for Poker Runs

Notices

What are you paying for Poker Runs

Old 01-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What are you paying for Poker Runs

We have been tossing around which poker runs to attend this year, I know this was talked about in the fall but I was wondering what the entry fees around the country are for the 2004 runs. We just received info for the June run in NYC, and it is $500 for 2 ($25.00 for each extra passenger). Metro Beach (MI) is about $500.00 for 4. I think those seem reasonable considering everything that is included. The Smoke in the Water sounds like fun but @ $1,000.00 for 4, it seems a little steep in comparison. Of course there is still the gas bill, and gawd forbid engine trouble

Oh Jack will kill me if I don't mention the value in the COPS runs, $50.00 gets you a helicopter, a CD and DVD, plus a great group of people.
Jack for POKER RUN PRESIDENT
Old 01-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

COPS..... info please.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Registered

That's easy, just pm Cashbrain.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Registered

At the bottom of all the forums you will see one for COPS, the next event they have is a party after the Chicago Boat show, just start reading the threads and you will see what they have going on. You could always PM Cashbrain.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Registered

Wink

Mr P I guess after 15 years we think alike you beat me to it
Old 01-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The Smoke on the Water run sounds cool, but way too much $$$. Then again, that's what makes it cool. Check out the Oshkosh thunder run. There is also a run up in Door County called the Sturgeon Bay run.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mrs Patriot,

hope you come to SOTW

Bob, Cherie',Bobs office staff, and Myself work hard to provide a stellar event

ask around and you will see what you get for the money is a good value

If it is to much money for you then its it is just that!
To much money
and I understand that

but looking for value i think you will find $1000.00 is a good deal

check out the site
www.smokeonthewaterpokerrun.com
for all the past stuff and what is up and coming

we raised over $29,000 for the Make a wish kids last year and are hoping to break $30,000 this year which will give us a total of over $100,000 raised for the kids by this one event since we started in 2001

you get 4 persons in your boat
helicopter footage and a Professionally produced DVD around 2 hours long

TOP Quality food

(snapshots you can purchase reasonably)

Gift bag that in the past have included Jackets , floor mats, shirts, champagne glasses,coffee mugs, fleece pullovers, windbreakers (not all in one year but a few things each year)

$10,000 first prise

venue not unlike a mini key west

coverage of the event this year from

1)Powerboat Magazine- Confirmed
2)Extreme Boat Magazine-Confirmed
3)Family and performance boating -tentative
4) Poker Runs America -Tentative
5)Lakeland boating -Tentative

This past years event will be featured in Extreme boats Mags February issue-
Poker Run America and Family and performance boating has already done there feature of our event a few months ago

I think $1000.00 is alot as well but bang for the buck we will put up our Poker Run against the best

hope you come check it out !!!

entries are already coming in

we will most likely be running a COPS event in our personal boat this year and also Lake St Clair and
possibly NY

we ran Key west a couple of months ago it was great as well

www.smokeonthewaterpokerrun.com

come enjoy the fun !!!!!!

Marc
Old 01-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Registered

ok i'm in just need to know type of cards you are going to use and how they are marked.. lol just joking

500-1000usd
Old 01-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Registered

Here is a blurb on SCOPE from last year......from DMAN
===============================

This is a three day boating festival...May 30, 31 and June 1. The dinner at the kickoff party Friday night is free for you and your crew of four!!!! Saturday morning is clean up the boat and charity rides! The In-N-OUt Burger truck will be there for lunch on Saturday. Saturday afternoon is the paddle boat tournament followed by the Saturday night party under the big top. Full on dinner and drinks!!! Live music!!!

Sunday morning is the run...short course is 60 miles down the Coast to Newport Beach and back to Huntington, Alamitos and San Pedro. The long course is the same with an extra stop in Avalon.

We are giving away over $27,000 in cash to the winners...$10,000 for first, $5,000 for second, $4,000 for third, $3,000 for fourth, $2,000 for fifth, $1,000 for sixth, $900 for seventh and all the way down to $100 plus a number of hot prizes...shirts, jackets, life vests, outdrives, etc.

Each entrant will receive six pictures of their boat running in action from a Powerboat Magazine Photographer...you get the pictures along with the negatives at no extra charge...all part of your one time entry fee!!!!!

That is correct...for a one time fee, you get two hands, two shirts, dinner for four on Friday, entry to the paddle boat races, one free private slip, free photos, free negatives, a chance at over $27,000 in cash prizes and a guaranteed great time.

The docks and the poker run secured compound are right next to each other. The dinner at Tequilla Jacks and the host Hyatt Hotel is a five minute walk from your boat and the compound. Once you launch your boat, park your rig and leave it alone for three days.

No waiting in line for your entry package, no waiting in line for food, drinks, merchandise, poker hands, etc. This is the most affordable and simplist event since sliced bread. Your wives will not use a porta potty...only executive restrooms for the SCOPE Poker Run!!!! Marble floors and counter tops!!!!! This is state of the art....no shortcuts, no hidden costs, no hassles!!!!!

Picture this....last year...right on the Pacific Coastline...84 degrees with a warm offshore breeze with no humidity, no knats, no flies, no mesquitos....we ship the trouble makers and the bugs to Texas for the weekend!!!

Starting tomorrow, there is a $50 late sign up fee...we will waive that fee if your application is postmarked by Monday, May 5 and you put big bold "OSO" letters on the top of the application. Each week this month, the late fee increases so you guys better jump on the wagon within the next few days or else you will be paying severe penalties...why wait???

We are going to sell this event out so if you are thinking or contemplating about signing up...do it now!!!!

This is the best value of any poker run in the country...all of the above mentioned perks for $250!!!! This event is completely 100% non profit...the real deal. Having fun and being safe is our number one priority...ask around and the message will be loud and clear!

How do we do it??? We have an incredible venue and event!!!

We have a group of sponsors that really believe in our cause and support us 100% which allows us to give you the best deal in town. It all starts with our title sponsor Bob and Andrea Teague of Teague Custom Marine...they have been behind us and supportive of us for the last 11 years...since the beginning of SCOPE!!!! (You should have been at their kickoff party!!!! Yikes!) It then comes down to the folks at Eddie Marine...they are there every year. Fred at Imco has really steppud up! Mike Bobbit at Miken has been awesome! Gordon Jennings at Paul Pfaff Racing Engines has taken a big step forward! Storm Bartling has come through in a big way! Formula Powerboats and Scott Porter is there every year for us. We finally hooked Skater to join in on the fun! Dan McNamara at Team Archer is back again! Gibson exhaust systems is donating a pair of exhaust systems.

Outerlimits Marine and Donzi Powerboats are teaming up to help the cause. There are many more sponsors helping with the run...check them out on our website and for further information and an application to register, please visit the Scope website at www.scopeinfo.com There are pictures from last year's event and everything else you would want to learn about our club and our famed event.

The Phantom will be in attendance so don't leave your fenders out while under way...you will be put in the King Poodle classification!!!

DMan....and the D is for Don't Delay!!!!!!!!

This is the can't miss event of the year!!! King Poodle will be proposing for marriage at the halftime of the paddle boat races!!! We just have to locate the lucky lady!!!! Any volunteers or cross dressers??? He has a fast boat!!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like alot of fun to me

Quick Reply: What are you paying for Poker Runs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.