Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   29scarab's Florida update on boat builders (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68854-29scarabs-florida-update-boat-builders.html)

29scarab 01-13-2004 10:37 PM

29scarab's Florida update on boat builders

Just a quick update of todays events.

Stopped by the following today.

Martin Marine
Florida Power Boats
Lipship
Active Thunder
Cigarette
Aqua Toy Store

Had the chance to see some nice rides and talk to some nice people today. Every boat dealer I stopped by and talk with was nice and took the time to talk with me and find out what I was interested. Thanks everyone!

Didn't have a lot of luck on finding my used Cigarette. It seems people are snatching them up pretty quick.

The Cigarette factory was unbeleivable!!

I got up with a guy name Bud who is a down to earth and a great guy. He took the time to walk me and my fiancee through the whole facility. Bud has been around for many years and knows his Cig's like the back of his hand.

We got to see the interior shop. The lamination and building of some hulls. We got to see the rigging department and the paint and prep areas. Even thought they are still in transition moving into their new building, its seemed like things are coming along quite well.

Bud....me and the fiancee want to thank you for taking the time to walk us around the place. We got to see
every model of boat they build with some amazing engine packages.

I know you'll shoot me, but I was so caught up from start to finish of the tour I forgot to snag the camera from the truck. Most of the boats that I saw were some that have been seen in other post or pictures. They are building a couple of special addition boats. If I remember correct they will have something to do with Don Arowna (sp).
The owners personnel boat was a 42 with 1075's in it. Had a Bad ASS paint job on it.

Stopped by Active Thunder. They were busy as usual, but got to crawl around in a 37 with 725's in it. Had a awesome paint job on it. Pat wasn't their at the time , but they called him and let him know I was around.

Thanks Active Thunder!!

I ran out of time and had to start heading to fiancee's aunts house up in Jenson Beach. It was awesome to have been able to spend the time checking everyone out.

It up to Daytona tomorrow.

Thanks,
Shawn

105mph_38_2003 01-13-2004 10:57 PM

cool:cool:

Have a safe trip home:)

CigDaze 01-14-2004 07:05 AM

Sounds like a fruitful trip, Shawn...sticking to the plan, I see! Have a fun trip! It was a pleasure meeting you and your fiance! :)

CustomRigger101 01-14-2004 08:28 AM

nice meeting you and your wife.. i'll keep an eye out for a clean gun for you.. if i knew we where going to run the Legend yesterday i would ahve you stick around for a 100mph ride.. have a save trip

thomas

29scarab 01-14-2004 09:04 AM

It was a pleasure meeting you and talking shop for a while Thomas!!

Thanks again!!