Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Get Out Now!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68976-get-out-now.html)

ospreyproduction 01-15-2004 06:49 AM

Get Out Now!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Why do so many people stay living in the Northern part of the country? Year after year you hear the same ole crap. I couldn't deal with a 3 or 4 month boating season. I'm here to tell you that the grass IS greener on the other side of the fence!! You just won't be living next to your mother-in-law.....that too makes for greener pastures. I bet one person, after reading this thread will say, "you're right", pack their chit up, sell their house, quit their job, trailer their boat down, find a new job, home, friends, etc... and then thank me for putting a jump start on life for them. OK already....your welcome. Email me when you are settled and we can go boating.

Here's a shot of December at the boat ramp.

GLH 01-15-2004 07:15 AM

Who wants to move down South and earn 60% of what your paid here to do.
Costs $220 to fly to FL for a weekend, easy to scratch the hitch. Plus we don't need a ski hat when it's 60* out!

SS930 01-15-2004 07:21 AM

Originally posted by GLH
Who wants to move down South and earn 60% of what your paid here to do.
That's what keeps me in the northeast. :(

cuda 01-15-2004 07:25 AM

There has never been enough money ever printed to get me to live north of Cleawater.:)

jafo 01-15-2004 07:32 AM

I can make a helluva lot more money up here.
I can take my boat to Florida for the winters and fly down to use it.
Nice place to visit, but no thanks to all of your other problems down there.
I hope the last person out of Miami remembers to grab the American flag.
I'm a north woods guy, and I'll probably always be....:)
Jim

SS930 01-15-2004 07:39 AM

It's tough to give up a style of living once you've grown accustom to it. Hell, if I knew I could make the same $ in SC, GA, or FL... I'd be there in a heartbeat! Not that there isn't any money to be made there, but there just aren't the same opportunities when compared to the northeast.

I hate this cold ****, but it gives me time to do things I would never get done if the weather were nice... like remodeling the bathroom.:rolleyes: Living along the CT coast is wonderful for seven months out of the year... the other five leave a little to be desired.;)

SS930 01-15-2004 07:42 AM

Originally posted by jafo
[B]
Nice place to visit, but no thanks to all of your other problems down there.
I hope the last person out of Miami remembers to grab the American flag.
B]
I didn't want to say it, but...

Cord 01-15-2004 08:18 AM

It's kinda nice having a killer frost. Too many freek-azz bugs! :)

Consintracy 01-15-2004 08:55 AM

You can count Todd & I in for the South!! Just wrapping up a few things here and we're joining you Ospreyproduction!!
Todd wants to be able to walk outside and jump in the boat. Not deal with getting a flight, flying and spending half the weekend (night after work for that matter) just getting to the boat!
For the rest of you....Cuda & us will send pic's via snail mail, so you can hold them:p
:cool: :fish: :cool: :fish: :cool:

cuda 01-15-2004 08:58 AM

Originally posted by Troutly
Yeah, but Double Wides and beer are cheaper down there.......Here is a picture of one that needs a bit of work.....it got tweaked a bit when his slightly obese cousin (second wife) stopped by to visit for a spell.....and stepped on the porch :eek: :D
I'd rather live in a single wide in Florida, than a mansion in Minnesota!:D

BTW, I once moved to Minn. I lasted one night, flew my azz back to Florida the next day. Luckily it was February when I tried that!:eek: