Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits or Foutain, who's the fastest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69034-outerlimits-foutain-whos-fastest.html)

Ron P 01-15-2004 03:47 PM

Outerlimits or Foutain, who's the fastest

Rumor has it that since Outerlimits took the V bottom speed record away from Fountain a few months back, Reggie has been getting prepared to take it back.

Outerlimits set the bar pretty high at 147mph in an open cockpit 42' GTX.

Rumor has it that Reggie is building some 2000hp alcohol motors and will put them in the Rio Roses Super V for the run.

Rumor has it that Mike Fiore built an all new Carbon Fiber epoxy boat that will be faster than the last one with typical Sterling power.

Rumor has it that Reggie has invited Outerlimits to run the KILO at his plant in NC with the course being set up by a surveyor and Poker Runs America will oversee the scoring and timing of the event.

Rumor has it that this will happen in the next week or two.

Stay tuned..............

outer42 01-15-2004 03:53 PM

149.7 is correct.you damn reporters are all the same!!!!!!!!

Ron P 01-15-2004 03:55 PM

That was the one way speed.

Rumor has it Reggie has seen 160 with his eyes closed.

My money is on OL at 157MPH.

DoTheMath 01-15-2004 04:03 PM

Rumor has it that Vegas is placing odds at 3-1 Reggie gets his a$$ kicked... again.:)

mirageman 01-15-2004 04:07 PM

Whats worst than getting spanked on your home turf?
Getting spanked twice!!!!

Go OL!!!!

Rippem 01-15-2004 04:11 PM

In response to Sutphen30's post...this quest for the "holy grail" whether at the factory or recreational level (see "thread baddest of the bad") will innevitably end in something bad happening. It's a simple matter of odds and statistical math. I for one have little interest, as when that day does come...it will result in a huge black mark on our interest and further the cause of the establishment (be it insurance industry or the local anti-performance boat interests in your area) to do us in, or make it more difficult financially or practically to enjoy "our sport". Of course, those with bottomless pockets could give a chit less if the masses are driven from the sport...they can just buy their way around it. Though the performance boat builders who sell the majority ($) of their annual product to average Joes like me should care! :mad: Egos will ruin it for everyone! Though if I was paying attention...my buck is on OL, Reggies days in the sun are over. ;)

Sydwayz 01-15-2004 04:15 PM

That's a lot of rumors.

BJM 01-15-2004 04:17 PM

= power I'd bet on Reggie.

RumRunner 01-15-2004 04:29 PM

Since we're talking rumors....

OL Engines may have a little something up there sleeve if Reggie gets close...

105mph_38_2003 01-15-2004 04:41 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I am too confused to care, but I love 'em both:D

As long as its safe I look forward to the competition:)