Notices

Pain!

Old 01-16-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy your scaring me.....I think it's time for all of us to move a warmer climate!.....took a spill on the ice taking the trash out myself a week ago, landed on my hip....hit and rolled like a marine and actually didn't hurt the next day!.....get healed up and I'll talk to you soon, Fred
Old 01-16-2004, 08:37 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mitch.. dude... you are a walking cast man.. sheeesh

I thought my pain was bad.. but sounds like nothing now.. the worst I have gone through is a compound fracture of my arm, and my knee went out and tore the ACL ..
Old 01-16-2004, 12:29 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dave,
The parts are on order. THe botom end was perfect. But since it's apart we will be putting in new bearings, and rings. The valves are questionalble so new valves and rockers (the rockers were starting to bind and a c-clip fell off one). And new fuel pumps for both.

Hope you get beeter soon. How are your motors coming?

Mark
Old 01-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Registered

They just need to be bolted together. I sent one blower out for a rebuild yesterday. There's a guy about 15 minutes from you that will sell you bearings and gaskets pretty reasonable.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Registered

Yeh Chris, I have had my share of casts, and pins, and plates (still have a plate and 6 screws in my forearm but I can still bench 280 and it doesnt blow out!!!) If it were not for weight lifting I would be in a wheelchair. Muscle is all that is holding me together, that and fat. The best thing about pain is that you never remember it. Think about that for a while.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dave, o u c h y ! Hope you're a fast healer..... We were just wondering. (he hee)....why we haven't seeny you post and then Mark tells me your shoulder was pulled. Hope Barb is "nursing" you back to health and spoiling you. Coming down for the boat show? Patti
Old 01-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Registered

Crazy, my "twin cousin" Tom's boat is a Fountain so do we really count it as being a "40 footer" he he.....Fred
Old 01-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Registered

Patti, Barb has had the flu all this week so we're both moving kind of slow,,, I'm getting the pins removed from my right wrist this Thursday so I really doubt that we'll be making the drive to the boat show on Saturday. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts.
Fred, Tom is under the grand illusion that a Fountain 40 is really forty feet long, so we'll let him enjoy the dream for a while yet. You gotta admit, he got a lot of boat for the money.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Fred I didn't know Tom was your twin cousin. You don't even look alike.
Put a beak and a platform on that boat of yours and you'll have a 47 Apache

Mark
Old 01-17-2004, 06:27 AM
Registered

Crazy, your right Tom did get alot of boat for the $ and he is putting more into it getting it up to snuff...He is enjoying the crap out of it!!!...Mark, great idea.....I am going to the auto parts store today and picking up 25 gallons of bondo and 500 feet of fiberglass cloth and starting in the molding!!!!....also with the weight that will be added I am also upgrading to a pair of blown 540's......now to go buy that Lotto ticket.......Fred

Quick Reply: Pain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.