Notices

Marine Audio Questions!

Old 01-17-2004, 11:01 PM
autsound

Thumbs up Marine Audio Questions!

I want to try something new here. I would like to start a marine audio thread with questions and answers. All I ask, is for good honest questions. What you will get is honest factual answers that will hopefully solve your problems! Give it a shot!

Last edited by autsound; 01-17-2004 at 11:09 PM.

Old 01-18-2004, 03:49 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

something new???????

It has been discussed many times and their are several members who are in the audio biz.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, lets start here:

Older boat. Has a post mount AM-FM-Cassette in it. I need to maintain the integrity of the dash, so I cant cut it out to fit the new DIN mounts.. Anyone got a decent post mount out there anymore with inputs for my CD changer??
Old 01-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Scott you are SOL as far as I know. Kenwood was the last to make one that I know of and they no longer make it to the best of my knowledge. If you can post a picture of your dash I can probably tell you how to cut out the hole and still have strength. I took a stainless plate on the back of the dash in my Hydrostream to make that work for me. Anything can be done
Old 01-18-2004, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jon!

There is room for the cutout, but the boat I am working on is one of 4 made, and I want to maintain the historical integrity (note to self: should have said that earlier ya big dummy ) for a future restoration.

I may have to stick with whats there. I neeed to crawl behind the dash and see if the CD changer will plug into it. Otherwise i will probably end up doing a remote stereo somewhere else on the boat. I understand Sony has a remote for their stereo's the same size as a gauge, have you guys seen this?

Scott B
Old 01-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon, I notice you don't call yourself MarineAudionfn,,,,,you sure you know about water-sound?
Old 01-18-2004, 09:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Crazy I am fairly sure I do not
Old 01-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

ScottB,
Go with a CD Changer or XM radio that broadcasts its output signal to a station on your FM radio dial. They are out there.

My question:
How deep does a Babb 6x9 need for mounting depth when surface mounted? If I do not have enough, does anyone make a neat 6x9 bezel to lift it a bit?
Old 01-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you go with one of those gimbal mount enclosures. You can make a bracket to mount it under dash so you don't chop anything up, then you can use any radio you want.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

ScottB that was going to be my next suggestion. You can remotely mount the stereo. Most larger boats have the stereo's mounted out of reach. The remote that you are talking about is the Clarion. The Sony is about the size of a hokey puck. The advantage of the Sony being that it has a display to tell you what station and track you are on. The Clarion can do that but you have to buy the Sea Ray remote. There are some other remotes that are out there but those two are the most common.

Jon

Quick Reply: Marine Audio Questions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.