Notices

Why do women smoke? :(

Old 01-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both of my parents smoked, both died young. I started stealing packs from them around the age of 12, by the time I was 16 I was smoking 2 packs a day. 23 almost 3 a day. Ten years ago I woke up went to light a cig and said, F this I dont want to feel like I NEED anything. I tossed a half carton away didn't chew gum, put on a patch or take a pill. I havn't had one in over 10 years. You have to want to quit, it's all in your head.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Registered

My father passed away with lung cancer, I think he started smoking at about 9 yrs. old. What a terrible thing to watch. I don't even allow smoking in my shop.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mnfastboat

Man I totally agree, I am 27 and lots of girls I run around with smoke and they all say that they will stop when they get older,( yea right). A girl smoking is the biggest turn off I can imagine. Forget her their are plenty off girls out there, hold out for what you want.

WILL
Old 01-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Lapse of Reason
Both of my parents smoked, both died young. I started stealing packs from them around the age of 12, by the time I was 16 I was smoking 2 packs a day. 23 almost 3 a day. Ten years ago I woke up went to light a cig and said, F this I dont want to feel like I NEED anything. I tossed a half carton away didn't chew gum, put on a patch or take a pill. I havn't had one in over 10 years. You have to want to quit, it's all in your head.
Yes, what LoR said. You just need to do it. Know you will have cravings for years, know they will lessen over time, know it will be incredibly difficult at times, know if you light up even just one you've failed. Make it a personal challenge to wait out the cravings. Smoking is unnatural. Get a picture of the dogs playing poker and smoking to remind you how ridiculous it looks to others. I quit 7 years ago cold turkey and can't be happier about it. I still get cravings, albeit infrequent. I do not mind if others smoke, it is their choice. Most of my friends smoke and my wife is trying to quit again.

Good luck,

Dave
Old 01-19-2004, 07:18 PM
Registered

I quit back on January 2 of this year. After one day, even the urge for that first cigarette of the morning was gone.

I'm done with em. I see people smoking now, and feel sorry for them. Thinking what an idiot I was for so long.

Not to mention the four bucks a day.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Why do women smoke? :(

Originally posted by MnFastBoat
Went out to the Monster Truck show last night.
Took my friend’s boy with. He knows more about the trucks then I do
Another set of friends knew I was going so they decided to not tell me they were setting me up for dome
They set up a blind meet with a friend of theirs.
Now when I first met this woman, things clicked. Now I did not know that this was a setup Just thought it was two people meeting at an any normal place and time. We talked some before the show, some during and walked out.
Now she was very friendly, talkative, enjoyable and not to mention beautiful
Was thinking to myself that this was almost too good to be true.
She liked boating along with many other things we had in common.
When we stopped to let the kids relieve themselves is when I found out the friends set me up. His wife made the comment " I knew you would get along with her"
Thought what the hell< things clicked>
BUT, why is there always a but?
Once we got outside she immediately lit up a cigarette BAD
Everything fell apart then. Now all my friends know I do not smoke and I truly despise it
Now the dilemma, how to tell her this? I cannot date someone that smokes no exceptions. I grew up around smokers and hacked all my younger life. I am not going to live the remainder of my life like back then.
Another missed one
You already know what to do, you just want some sympathy for having to pass on this hottie

Tell her ( politely of course ) and move on. No biggie. There are plenty of other non smoking hotties available, and like someone else mentioned, it may trigger her to give it up down-the-road.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Registered

Lets have a National vote to make cigs illegal..
Anyone that votes for making them illegal has to make up the difference in tax revenue outta their paychecks..
AND the price of tobacco now is practically all tax.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sure... let's make alcohol illegal while we're at it... start a whole new era of mobsters and bootleggers.... Canada raised the tax on cigs so high in the early 90's... that smugglers were having a field day taking cigs to Canada... they finally figured out that sales were dropping... but cig smoking remained the same... duh.... People need to make intelligent choices.... stop smoking.... movies and television glamorizer smoking and drinking... and we know how impressionable children are..... they have to express their individuality by acting like all their peers! go figure. I was just as guilty.... I wore huge bell bottom pants in the 70's
Old 01-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Why do women smoke? :(

Originally posted by MnFastBoat
Went out to the Monster Truck show last night.
The better question is "Why is there a hottie at a Monster Truck show?"

Something just ain't right about it Cleatis!

Old 01-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Just saw an anti smoking commercial during the news show. It said women were 7X more likely to grow facial hair if they smoked. He he. I was dying laughing.

Quick Reply: Why do women smoke? :(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.