High Back Seats in a 35 Fountain >

High Back Seats in a 35 Fountain

Notices

High Back Seats in a 35 Fountain

Old 01-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Back Seats in a 35 Fountain

I am curious if anyone out there has had any experience in replacing the stock bolsters with race style high back buckets? I am looking into possibly doing this in my 95 35 Fountain or moving to a cat or possibly a 36 Cigarette. I want to be able to either throttle or drive my boat and because of my paralysis, I cannot sit in the bolster style seats. I have talked to a few seat manufacturers, but it never seemed to go past the idea stage. What do you all think? The bolsters in the 35 are attached to the hull side and it may take some doing to make this work. Think I should try this or look into a different setup??
Old 01-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Registered

I am really surprised that manufacturers would not be willing to put this into a design phase. I'm sure there are quite a few disabled people out there that would love to get out on the water. Maybe some OSO sponsors can step up to the plate and take this on.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Registered

I know that you have put a lot of time and money into your 35, but I would think it would probably be wiser just to buy a cat or Cig. I think it would take quite a bit of work to do and then you may have a problem with resale. Or you could start a new trend. You never know.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the extent of your paralysis (if you don't mind me asking)? Unless you're talking about a big cat, the small and medium size cats can be difficult to get into the two front seats.

I don't see why it would be much of a project to refit your 35 with sport seats.?.?. This makes the most sense if you want to keep the Fountain. Wish I was closer, I'd give you a hand with it.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Steve_H

theres an upholstery shop in Laurie that does custom work.
cant think of the name but its owned by a guy that used to own or work (not sure) for Active Thunder when they were in Chocago. oso member KCHOTBOAT knows him.

i would bet they could convert it for you.
good luck!

Old 01-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

i would think that a high back mounted on a square base pedistal should do the trick. basicly a box with a high back mounted, you could make it a little longer ( frt to back and put a angled foot support for two of the rear passanger. always were there is a will there is a way. couple round excess holes to get to the underneath side of the floor for backing plate for the boxes. and that would eliminate the bolsters supports to the sides. if you had the race fairing you might have to go to a windshield so as not to have to put the seats up so high . but managable. good point on the cat and being able to easily get in them. good luck and keep us informed.
sometime this year id like to come by and see the scoops on the hatches you had installed on your 35 to see how they did it and the end result with the upholstry and such.

see ya
later
Old 01-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Registered

Default hi

Im going to do the same in my 28 pantera,theres a place in fla that makes nice seats twinmarine,305 691 2464 have someone weld you up some tube bases and powder coat them to match your interior, that way you have foot rests for the back, if you want you can still attach them to the sides, or have them make your seat with the shifters on one side and the throttles on the other you can call me if you need help 513 407 6206
Old 01-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Registered

The place in Laurie is called Advanced Canvas. They do unreal work. If I remember correctly, that is who you had do all the other interior work. I just thing that it would be a bit of work to get the seats mounted at the proper height and then move the wheel and thottles and such for the different position of the seat. I doubt that you could keep them in the same spot as they are now. Maybe I am incorrect.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ttt

Let's get this guy some help.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:44 AM
Registered

I bought a pair of Apache bolsters used and put them in a 30 Scarab once. Worked well and was VERY comfortable. good luck

Quick Reply: High Back Seats in a 35 Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.