Notices

Why do women smoke? :(

Old 01-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Why do women smoke? :(

Went out to the Monster Truck show last night.
Took my friend’s boy with. He knows more about the trucks then I do
Another set of friends knew I was going so they decided to not tell me they were setting me up for dome
They set up a blind meet with a friend of theirs.
Now when I first met this woman, things clicked. Now I did not know that this was a setup Just thought it was two people meeting at an any normal place and time. We talked some before the show, some during and walked out.
Now she was very friendly, talkative, enjoyable and not to mention beautiful
Was thinking to myself that this was almost too good to be true.
She liked boating along with many other things we had in common.
When we stopped to let the kids relieve themselves is when I found out the friends set me up. His wife made the comment " I knew you would get along with her"
Thought what the hell< things clicked>
BUT, why is there always a but?
Once we got outside she immediately lit up a cigarette BAD
Everything fell apart then. Now all my friends know I do not smoke and I truly despise it
Now the dilemma, how to tell her this? I cannot date someone that smokes no exceptions. I grew up around smokers and hacked all my younger life. I am not going to live the remainder of my life like back then.
Another missed one
Old 01-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"MNFB", that is a question for the ages. When I met my wife she was going through a tough divorce. And she smoked. She told me that she wanted to quit. Stupidily, I believed her. Well that was almost four years ago now. The last thing my mother said on this earth was asking my stepfather to light her a cigarette. She died of liver cancer. This smoking issue is becoming a huge issue between us. She keeps telling me, "the time isn't right" or "there's too much stress" or some other lame excuse. Fact is, she doesn't want to. That's fine. But I'll be damned if I'm going to go through it. My birthday is at the end of the month. I will have one request. Quit smoking and be with me or keep smoking and be without me. Her choice.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a hard time here being with a smoker. I myself don't smoke, so why would I want to smooch a stinky mouth!
Old 01-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't you just love kissing an ashtray?....
Old 01-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Registered

i'm with you guys on this 1..........other than leaving cause of the smoking.......i'm from Delaware where we have smoking laws.....and i love it!.....no smoking in bars........i dont have to go home at the end of the night smelling like a ash tray......

anyway good luck with the hottie........(that sux)
Old 01-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Smoking is a sore subject with me too. My mother-in-law cannot live without her smokes. For that reason we exclude her from many activities. She has a constant odor that I cannot stand. I hate riding in a car with her, I dont like being in the same room as her. She hugs and kisses my kids and then when I pick up my child the smell is on them. You can still smell her hours after she leaves.

She thinks we are mean to her but we told her in no uncertain terms that we cannot stand the smoking.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

I thought it was because I was so HUGE
Old 01-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
"MNFB", that is a question for the ages. When I met my wife she was going through a tough divorce. And she smoked. She told me that she wanted to quit. Stupidily, I believed her. Well that was almost four years ago now. The last thing my mother said on this earth was asking my stepfather to light her a cigarette. She died of liver cancer. This smoking issue is becoming a huge issue between us. She keeps telling me, "the time isn't right" or "there's too much stress" or some other lame excuse. Fact is, she doesn't want to. That's fine. But I'll be damned if I'm going to go through it. My birthday is at the end of the month. I will have one request. Quit smoking and be with me or keep smoking and be without me. Her choice.
Have your wife try The EZ quit 7 day program. I'm on it now and I can't believe it works. Now the question is, what do I buy for my boat with all the extra money I have?....................
Old 01-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

88MACH1,
Tell me a little about this "7 Day Plan". How does it work. I smoke and I need to stop. I'm smart enough to know that only idiots smoke. Right now, I have to classifiy myself as an idiot!!!

It takes balls to quit and I guess I haven't mustered the requisite amount of testicular fortitude yet. Any help would be good.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Which would look better in your boat? A girl that smokes or one that eats. tough call

Quick Reply: Why do women smoke? :(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.