Notices

Punta Gorda?

Old 01-21-2004, 06:51 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Punta Gorda?

I am considering buying a house in Punta Gorda or Port Charlotte and would really appreciate any input as I am going off of the input from realtors. Does anyone live in the area that can pass along any good/bad thoughts on area or potential concerns?
Old 01-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy was transfered down there a few years ago, (Jammin1), and we used to go down to visit. He's now back up here in Palm Harbor and glad he's back. Kind of an older retirement area but it's a growing place. Dave
Old 01-21-2004, 07:09 PM
PJA

We have lived in Punta Gorda for 13 years email with your questions I'll help anyway i can Pete

Old 01-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Banned

We just finished a job down there. It's a very nice area, I'd live there if it were more centrally located in the state (for work). Contact Ragtop409 on this board, he has been checking property down there. I know waterfront is a LOT more affordable than it is here in the St Pete/Clearwater area.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Registered

The whole Port Charlotte area is starting to come alive, and like Cuda said you can get waterfront property (canal/gulf access) for a reasonable price. Great boating, not that far from either Sarasota or Tampa/St. Pete. Land values will increase rather rapidly.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

That area is really nice if your not into the night life thing
The charlotte harbor has some good running to. Realestate is starting to go up, just check what the realators are calling powerboat access, some of these canals can take up too 2 hrs idling out. Cahrlotte beach still ahse some great deals and is right at the harbor! Check around besides one area in that general facinity, lots of water down that way, Check South Port for waterfront, was a fairly new devision going in and had good canals as well. Also down that way is Venice that is still reasonable as well.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:06 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I really appreciate the info and will probably take up the offers for some input! Punta Gorda seems like a little sleepy area but I hear there are developers/restraunt owners coming in from Naples area to make some investments so it should go. Boating seems good as there isn't much idle time req'd once your in the river heading to the harbor. I guess from there you can hit Sarasota/ Clearwater to the north and Cape Coral/Ft. Meyers to the south. Not a bad location. Concensus seems that residents in the area are a little aged. Hope they have taken a liking to blower motors and headers! If not, this may be a challenge to pull off! Thanks for the input!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

There are actually some restaurants there that are good. Now the boats, they are there as well. When I was looking a cig came blasting down the harbor was a great site to see. Good location, the schools are good as well for being in FL. Hardly any crime down there, age like you said is a little older, but the younger crowed is there as well kinda a mix, more snowbirds than true residents. We ran down from sarasota to there, lots of little islands to goto to hang and some marinas and restaurants to dock at.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:37 AM
Gold Member

My mother lived there for a year, and well she hated it... It was TOO slow for her... Not sure what you are looking for in a place, but if you like to "do" much of anything, that is not the place to go. It was a nice area, just boooring...
Old 01-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I just returned from that area yesterday and purchased property in "Burnt Store Village". This area is growing fast and appears to be a great area to invest in. The few lots that are available are selling for $26,000 to $30,000 per lot, and all have sewer/water.I delt with Ron Clark and Linda Dutcher from "Burnt Store Properties", they were Excellent to deal with.
Burnt Store Properties can be reached at 888 381-7779.
One of the issues I like is that there are many "Deed Restricted" areas. This keeps the prices up a bit, but keeps the "rift raft" out.

Quick Reply: Punta Gorda?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.