Like Tree0Likes

NJ Boyz remember the Jersey Speed Skiffs and Garvey races? Nice pics!! --->

Old 01-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Registered

My Boats: 330SS Formula 496's
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Geoghegan
Love those photos! My first performance boat was a 16' Bender hull Speed Skiff with a 327, 72 MPH.
Think I'm gonna go shopping! Love the 327CI just something very cool bout that engine!!
Old 01-22-2004, 02:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmn
So where do they race them these days? I haven't seen them at Cedar Creek in years. I know they race down in Tuckerton, just not sure when.
Now that I live down here, I'd love to go see them run again sometime.
Hey raimmn,
I've seen them on a couple/few creeks up and down the Bay from Tuckerton to Toms River, Barnegat and others. Gotta wait to get a schedule for this summer.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Registered

Default Re: Skiffs

Quote:
Originally posted by BODYSHOT1
..my first boat rides as a kid were on JSS's...my grandfather used to build 'em, when they were mahoganey.....

..his last creation was a "pleasure" version with extra seating forward and a 426 Hemi...talk about nuts!!!

Now there's just something really cool about that engine too!!
Old 01-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by McGary911
I Love these damn things, although I have never had a ride on one. My uncle who's family owns Forsberg's boatworks on Beaver Dam creek recently sold his Skiff. He's had a ton of them. He actually has molds and builds the hulls himself. When I stopped by a few months ago, he had one in white gel that he was working on in his spare time. If he builds this one up for himself, I am scoring a ride for sure this time.
Do they still run the regazza in Red Bank in marine park every year? I am pretty sure that they do. Maybe we put together an OSO\NJ meet up that weekend. That would be fun.
I take the train to work in NYC each day, and there is a ratty boatyard on the raritan river that I see from the train. He used to have an orange skiff painted just like the General Lee, complete with Confederate flag and big 01 on the side. Always made me smile during my hellish commute.
Last year i saw someone tearing up the shark river in a skiff.....LOUD
Molds!!!! Now we all know where to get one of these badboyz custom built, Livorsi gauges, Zero Effort throttles ((ooops forgot they're foot pedal!! lol) Momo Steering wheel, Mayfair Steering etc .. They should run us around $235,000.99 when all said and tricked out LMAO! hhmmmmm Gladiator or Jersey Speed Skiff??? hhmmmmm. But seriously Mc911 maybe a custom could be popped fro someone?? (or me )
Attached Thumbnails
NJ Boyz remember the Jersey Speed Skiffs and Garvey races? Nice pics!! --->-27.jpg  

Last edited by njgr8ful; 01-22-2004 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Nice Shooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Shooter
Here's a pic of pleasure bay the 1st couple of messages refer to. I live right on it. This past september a number of skiffs actually gathered together and headed out on the Shrewsbury like old times.
... see if you can find out if any events are scheduled for around there this summer. I'll be getting some kinda schedule in the middle of the spring and it will include the flat bottem Garvey, that run the same circuit. Those are really fantastic to watch too. Can't find any pics of them and don't have any on the harddrive ... yet ...
Old 01-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 24 Pantera

Here is a skiff forum where you can get some info
skiff forum
Old 01-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 24 Pantera

Here is another good skiff site

skiff site
Old 01-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: Donzi Criterion

Here's the ABPA schedule so far. I don't see the Red Bank, NJ race listed.....maybe they don't run that anymore? http://www.goboatracing.net/racesites.htm Lake Hopatcong and Wildwood Crest is on there though.

NJGR8FUL - If you're serious about getting a boat made, I'll ask my uncle if he has the time. He keeps pretty busy with the boatyard. You want hull, or fully rigged boat? Shoot me an email to [email protected] and give me a few details and a phone #. I should have time for a call this weekend. Where is LH, NJ? Lanoka Harbor?
Old 01-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

[QUOTE]Originally posted by McGary911
[B]Here's the ABPA schedule so far. I don't see the Red Bank, NJ race listed.....maybe they don't run that anymore? [url]

They stopped running the Red Bank race at least 7-8 years ago now, maybe longer. They had a lot of problems with sponsors I believe. It's to bad....

Shooter, I know exactly where you are. The house across the way has a pool house and pool right on the bay. My friend lives on the canal right next to you. I guess we haven't met yet, I thought you were someone else?
Old 01-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

A few years ago there was one for sale in Rumson. I was going to buy it to have something to play around with on the river. I wish I did now, they are a wild ride to say the least.