NJ Boyz remember the Jersey Speed Skiffs and Garvey races? Nice pics!! ---> >

NJ Boyz remember the Jersey Speed Skiffs and Garvey races? Nice pics!! --->

Notices

NJ Boyz remember the Jersey Speed Skiffs and Garvey races? Nice pics!! --->

Old 01-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a red Panther? I might have run into you when I had the Baja Shooter in the party cove on the Navisink.

My house if for sale right now. I am moving to Palm Harbor (FLA) by this summer. One day on the market and already 4 showings for this weekend and weeks not done yet.

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1033418810?lnksrc=00045
Old 01-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Registered

I raced RedBank in 95, I think they raced there for a couple years after and thats all
Old 01-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally posted by McGary911
Here's the ABPA schedule so far. I don't see the Red Bank, NJ race listed.....maybe they don't run that anymore? http://www.goboatracing.net/racesites.htm Lake Hopatcong and Wildwood Crest is on there though.

NJGR8FUL - If you're serious about getting a boat made, I'll ask my uncle if he has the time. He keeps pretty busy with the boatyard. You want hull, or fully rigged boat? Shoot me an email to [email protected] and give me a few details and a phone #. I should have time for a call this weekend. Where is LH, NJ? Lanoka Harbor?
911 .. I've got one project going and one boat for sale. So it wouldn't be anytime soon. But not a completely far fetched idea in the next 1-2 years. Prolly interested in the hull and I'd do the rigging myself.

LH = Lanoka Harbor Thanks for the links and I'll reach out when I'm looking to talk to your unc

L8R
Old 01-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Shooter
Do you have a red Panther? I might have run into you when I had the Baja Shooter in the party cove on the Navisink.

My house if for sale right now. I am moving to Palm Harbor (FLA) by this summer. One day on the market and already 4 showings for this weekend and weeks not done yet.

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1033418810?lnksrc=00045
Shooter,
Yes, I have a Red & Black Panther. We must have met in the cove at one time or another I go there a lot when it is too rough on the outside. Most people clap their hands when I anchor and shut the motors down. F-em if they can't take a joke right!

Are you over by Casa Comida? the background looks familiar.

BTW, My boss is looking for a house on the water in that price range. He has a $2.8M house in Colts Neck and is looking to get into something smaller on the water because he wants to sell his 60 Viking and get a Skater or a center console. I will send him the link.

Panther
Old 01-22-2004, 08:17 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

yeah, we ran into each other a few times. I had a Baja Shooter witha lt. blue cowl - blown 454 and now have the 302 with a purple swoosh on the side. I'm right across from Casa Comida, pretty convenient for cinco de mayo.

The lift is good to 10000, I have a 8000 cable on it now. Remote control too. I built the dock myself with water and electric to the end. Best dock on the water IMHO - these local dock guys do a real ****ty job. The lift runs on 220 volt too. I have a Riparian Right, if you know Jersey, is not possible to get anymore. You can't see it but I have a 1000 sq ft deck that wraps the house - built that 2 yrs ago. I'm an eager m-ffr.

Tell him to jump on it. I'm surprised by the amount of activity in just one day.

Last edited by Shooter; 01-22-2004 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:54 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Shooter
The lift is good to 10000, I have a 8000 cable on it now. Remote control too. I built the dock myself with water and electric to the end. Best dock on the water IMHO - these local dock guys do a real ****ty job. The lift runs on 220 volt too. I have a Riparian Right, if you know Jersey, is not possible to get anymore. You can't see it but I have a 1000 sq ft deck that wraps the house - built that 2 yrs ago. I'm an eager m-ffr.

Tell him to jump on it. I'm surprised by the amount of activity in just one day.
Shooter I see started a second thread on the house ... very nice! Your backyard looks a lot like mine right now Next year your new back yard won't be looking like that and for your asking price you should be sittin pretty in FLA Good luck with your sale and move.
Attached Thumbnails NJ Boyz remember the Jersey Speed Skiffs and Garvey races? Nice pics!! --->-ice.jpg  
Old 01-23-2004, 07:29 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Thanx,

Back to skiffs... I will miss ripping around with them. You always find them on the rivers here and drar race them to Red Bank and back.

They are never on the outside, thoug, Ocean that is... I ove the sound of the small blocks tooling at WOT. (bouncing all over the place!)
Old 02-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Registered

Default Re: NJ Boyz remember the Jersey Speed Skiffs and Garvey races? Nice pics!! --->

It seems this thread slowed down. But if anyone is interested in a Jersy Speed Skiff I've got the newest Bender molds in my shop... I can build them anyway you like. Bare hull & deck to finished boat... Let me know...
[email protected] JS-24, Fast Forward
Old 02-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: NJ Boyz remember the Jersey Speed Skiffs and Garvey races? Nice pics!! --->

the local jersey "outlaws" club..skiffs and garveys...

http://www.ecbrcnj.com
Old 02-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered

Default Re: NJ Boyz remember the Jersey Speed Skiffs and Garvey races? Nice pics!! --->

It seems this thread slowed down. But if anyone is interested in a Jersy Speed Skiff I've got the newest Bender molds in my shop... I can build them anyway you like. Bare hull & deck to finished boat... Let me know...
[email protected] JS-24, Fast Forward