Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APACHE challenge?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/69826-apache-challenge.html)

WetKitty42 01-24-2004 09:39 PM

this is true...:cool:

dhlaw 01-24-2004 09:53 PM

With all due respect..... 6 foot is a number that is thrown around pretty casually but I doubt that too many people here would be very excited about running 90mph plus in true 6 foot conditions. I live on an inlet to the atlantic ocean and have been out in 6 footers with a 7 second interval a few times in the last few weeks. I'll give you a good look at my twin steps on the way by. I think the only thing speedmasters are good for are keeping together for the guys that cant throttle!!!

Papache 01-24-2004 10:00 PM

THERE IS NO CIGARETTE THAT WILL BEAT MY BOAT.
MY BOAT RUNS 114. 722 CI 1350 HP COBRAS. ASK RANDY
BRING IT ON BUDDY.

dhlaw 01-24-2004 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah....OK

Comanche3Six 01-24-2004 10:08 PM

Originally posted by d-hlaw
With all due respect..... 6 foot is a number that is thrown around pretty casually but I doubt that too many people here would be very excited about running 90mph plus in true 6 foot conditions. I live on an inlet to the atlantic ocean and have been out in 6 footers with a 7 second interval a few times in the last few weeks. I'll give you a good look at my twin steps on the way by. I think the only thing speedmasters are good for are keeping together for the guys that cant throttle!!!
P.Apache and his 41 do run 6' seas, and yes it is big water. But the Apache equipped with speedmasters thrive in it. Twin steps and bravos are for bay buzzing. The water is so small it is difficult to make a mistake with the throttle. If you did the bravos would come apart like a cheap watch.

Papache 01-24-2004 10:09 PM

WE DON'T NEED TO SMOKE.WE KNOW. MY BOAT IS GOING TO COBRA POWER. SO BRING IT ON.WE WILL RUN

Back4More 01-24-2004 10:15 PM

Hey Paul, Bring that old resin bucket to the Chicago WarParty...we'll see that 114 number fade fast.

dhlaw 01-24-2004 10:15 PM

I'll wait till Randy has you all freshened up.... dont want any excuses!!

Back4more, what does your boat run?? That boat has some work doesnt it??

Papache 01-24-2004 10:20 PM

WE DON'T NEED EXCUSES. OLD RESIN BUCKET IS BETTER
THEN TOOTHPICKS AND GLUE BOATS

Comanche3Six 01-24-2004 10:22 PM

Originally posted by d-hlaw
Well I guess your right...... I see Apaches winning races all the time in big water. (snap out of the 80's boys!) Hey, I tagged RAZZ with his speedmasters and ZUL 1000's in 4-5 footers a few months ago with my HP500EFI Top Gun so the Gladiator with the 750 Eickerts and bravos ought to be just fine. I sure hope the Gladiator does well in big water, you know Tres only raced it in the bay races that year he won.........
Well I guess all that is left for you and Mach5 is to come up to NJ and beat the hell out of that old technology. Bring it on!