Notices

Snow Madness

Old 01-27-2004, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Snow Madness

Am I the only one, or is everyone else sick of all this "Snow Panic"???? Listening to the news and weather, ."This huge winter storm will drop up to 3" of snow on us!" WTF??? 3 inches!!!?? Have we never had snow before. People are wiping out the supermarkets thinking they are getting buried in their houses. the schools close if we get a snowflake falling.
The media scares the s**t out of everyone, acting like its the end of the world everytime it snows. I hate to sound like my grandfather, but I remember 2ft of snow every year and still having to go to school! Why do all these people have SUV's if they are afraid to drive in a little bit of snow

Just my morning rant!
Old 01-27-2004, 07:09 AM
Registered

VinMan,

Typical media BULLCHIT! They do the same with politics. IDIOTS! Keep in mind, these are the same people that can be WRONG 85% of teh time and still be considered ACCURATE!
Old 01-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bro....I think if you had joined us at the Typhoon Party & After-Party...you wouldn't be so tense....
Old 01-27-2004, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally posted by BODYSHOT1
Bro....I think if you had joined us at the Typhoon Party & After-Party...you wouldn't be so tense....
Beotch!!
Old 01-27-2004, 07:30 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Shane
VinMan,

Typical media BULLCHIT! They do the same with politics. IDIOTS! Keep in mind, these are the same people that can be WRONG 85% of teh time and still be considered ACCURATE!
I dont even care about the accuracy!! why cant people function in 2" of snow?? I know you get alot up by you ,but down here everything shuts down for the slightest bit. It was never like that as far as I can remember
Old 01-27-2004, 07:36 AM
Registered

marty get him laid, i thought i was tense and need a boat ride. this is a pain in the ass in the truckin business even 1inch or a foot.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:39 AM
Registered

When I lived in NJ (did I actually admit to that? ) I do remember school closing with 4 inches. But when was the last time NJ ever had so much snow you couldn't go anywhere? March 1996. And it was only for a day or two. People DEFINITELY over react. Don't worry though, the same thing happens here in the summer when it gets hot.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by VinMan
I dont even care about the accuracy!! why cant people function in 2" of snow?? It was never like that as far as I can remember
VinMan-
Don't feel bad- I went on a very similar rant over in the OT forum a couple of weeks ago I grew up in the 60's and 70's- cars were all rear wheel drive; 4-wheel drive was seldom seen except the occasional gas station owner (I drove GTO's). Now everyone and their neighbor has an SUV (that never goes offroad )and almost all vehicles are front wheel drive at a minimum. And the people drive worse!
The same bad forecasting is happening here in the Chi-town area- you can add about 8 hours to the forecast snow start time, and take all of it with a grain of salt, although they dump tons of salt on the roads when the first flake is seen.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's not just you Shane and it's not just the snow. They try to make the weather into stories of pending doom of epic proportions.

I'm sick of it, too!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same thing here. It borders on rediculous. They've anounced that schools were going to be closed today. Oh well, I drove the wife's car to the morning coffee shop and have the sleds loaded up and pointing north
Attached Thumbnails Snow Madness-snow-day-003.jpg  

Quick Reply: Snow Madness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.