Notices

O/T Regal Cruisers

Old 01-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question O/T Regal Cruisers

I am seriously considering trading my cruiser for a 38' Regal. It is a sweet boat. I'm not very familiar with Regal though. Anyone have any experience with them or know anything about them? Thanks in advance for the help.

Dean
Old 01-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Registered

I currently have a 1996 27' Regal 8.3 SC Ventura. It's a cuddy cabbin not a cruiser. As far as the boat goes I have owned it for 2 years and never had any type of problem with it. Other than regular maintenance the only thing I had to do is replace the gear cable because it seemed a little worn. I'm going to trade it in on a 33' Outlaw. If I wasn't making the switch to a perfomance boat I would keep it for a few more years.

Mike
Old 01-26-2004, 03:05 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I am a good friend with a guy that works at the biggest Regal dealer in Quebec, Canada. We see a lot of them here on Lake Champlain in Vermont.

388 I can forward you his number if you need to talk to him.

Those boats are manufactured in Canada about two hours North of the border here in Vermont.

I am not at all familiar with theire products but I know he is.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

Regal makes a nice boat. You might try over at www.boatus.com (forums) and www.boatered.com - lots of cruiser folks over at those sites.

One thing I'd check for sure on any cruiser - is the hull solid glass, or cored? I'd *never* buy a boat that is cored below the waterline. Too much of a chance for water to get in there, saturate the core material, then you've got big f'ing problems. Not worth the risk for a boat that sits in the water all the time. Searay had a big problem with wet cores on some of their boats - details are hard to come by, but I've heard rumors of buybacks, lawsuits, etc - that ain't chump change on a 35+ cruiser!

You might also look at Formula's 37 PC and Cruisers Yachts - heard good things about their new models. Hard to be Rinker for bang for the buck as well. Good luck!
Old 01-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why is this off topic? You aren't talking about a 1938 Buick Regal Just kidding carry on.

Roby
Old 01-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys.

GLH - I don't really need to call him. We have a dealer here in Louisville. I was just hoping to get some opinions from you guys.

Roby - I just put the O/T on there because it isn't a performance boat and I didn't want to hear anybody crying about it....

Dean
Old 01-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Registered

I had one from 1990 through 1998, Ambassador 233 Xl, actually 26.5 ft. The pad that was glassed into the hull was flakeboard. Other than that, It was the best designed boat (most room) and speed I have ever seen in a small cruiser. No other cruiser ever made could have survived the punishment I put that poor boat through. Big Power and ran the snot out of it in Lake Erie. Spent more time in the air than in the water.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Registered

Like Dockrocker said, Mine was not cored, I dont know what year you are looking at but I also wouldnt buy a cored hull cruiser. I think Rinker may be the only one right now that is not coring hulls.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Registered

A good friend of mine has a new 35" Regal. It is a very well built boat and looks great. He used it in the Ozarks during the 2003 summer without any issues with the boat. Regal and Kelly's port have been very good to work with. The 38' is the same boat on a hefty dose of steriods, it is a sweet cruiser.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Registered

Thanks again for more info.
I'm looking into buying a brand new.

Dean

Quick Reply: O/T Regal Cruisers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.