cobra power word is no good >

cobra power word is no good

Notices

cobra power word is no good

Old 01-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmmm..... traviss works (worked for?) for UPS....

I've sent two drives UPS. BUT, I packaged the shi# out of them!! Big double wall box, extra layer of curagated top and bottom, lot's of dunnage to keep it from moving. They have both been delivered intact. I have a food friend that drives for UPS, anything over 70 lbs in their truck and they are "supposed" to have a second hand with them. NEVER happens. He usually asks for help on anything that heavy rather than damage it. BUT, he is a boater!!! Might be why he doesn't get the damage complaints some drivers do.... hmmmmmm....

'Foul
Old 01-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Registered

I shipped 2 props 2nd day air, and insured them.

Took 1 year to get paid. Had to threaten to not pay them the 6k I owed them.

Curtis
Old 01-30-2004, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by H2Xmark
UPS is rough as **** on there packages, it's a shame that the poeple that work for ups don't do a better job, I have had more stuff broken by them, I bet if they got caught doing stuff like this and they lost there jopb for a while they would have a change of mind, good luck on your drive, hope it all works out
Mark
I recently sold two sets of cast exhaust to another OSO member via ups. Shipped three boxes foam packed. Two arrive, one did not. Took a month of daily biotching to get them to find the missing parts. Was told ups employs temps at the distribution centers so it would be lucky to ever see the parts again. Well, we ended up with 11 out of twelve pieces arriving and evidently in tack, so no harm done. All I can say about ups is if it has any weight to it and is valuable at all, make sure you double insure it. Chances are it will not arrive alive. Firing temps is pretty much a mute point.

Dave

Last edited by blue thunder; 01-30-2004 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 107 Posts

mell rigs has new trs in stock. right around your area. shipping drives is a pain , i found the best way is by regular ground. ups doesn't like that big heavy stuff and i agree with the other responses, it will get damaged. they see the word fragile and ask themselves "what country is that???"
Old 01-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Registered

UGH tell me bout UPS.... and FED EX... i've shipped and received a few sterndrives through both of these carriers... unless it is literally crated or weighs less than 25 lbs i don't think i trust em...

my Alpha SS arrived with the nosecone broken off the driveshaft housing (it has an outboard CLE case) and a chip out of the skeg... and paint marred it was wrapped as well as anyone could reasonably wrap it and placed snugly in a cardboard box... i think they rolled this thing down every step they could find... my god it only weighs 75 stinkin lbs!

i also shipped an Alpha SS through Fed Ex... I attempt to excel at all i do and that meant packaging... i had a VERY HEAVY walled cardboard box and i must have used 50 feet of bubble wrap... it was encased with reenforced packaging tape and was packaged tightly... thank god cause when it arrived the drive was half way out of the box.. thanks to the bubble wrap nothing was damaged...

just beware...

i fought with UPS for months but never received any monetary support for their incompetance... oh well.. i lived and learned... drive is back together and you can't tell it was ever so much as scratched...

Jamie
Old 01-30-2004, 08:48 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

for heavy **** common carrier is teh ONLY way to ship. FOrward air isn;t bad and they have terminal at or near most major airports. They are cheaper beacue they don;t go door to door. just terminal to terminal
Old 01-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My drive ordered from BAM was air freight delivered. Just shipped in original Merc drive cardboard box and all was fine.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also shipped lowers through ups. Never again. I had my trans shipped to Huber to be rebuilt and Tom Huber only uses Fed Ex Ground. I will only use them also. I have had extensive dealings with Cobra Power and can only say great things about them. Yes, thirdbird, Randy is the owner of Cobra and sometimes the owner of any business needs to go about and put out the fires that our employees start. I know I am one of those owners. That is not our favorite task, but does fall under the job description of Owner. Randy at Cobra will make it right. He runs a top notch business and in my experience his word is good. Doug
Old 01-31-2004, 10:52 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I also quit trying to ship heavy items with UPS of Fed Ex. Just nicely pack and strap down well to a small skid and off to a common carrier. This allows the shipper to move around by fork truck and not by employee brute strength.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:35 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob, I was waiting for your thoughts on this..

Quick Reply: cobra power word is no good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.