Notices

36' Spectre Owners ???

Old 01-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36' Spectre Owners ???

Im in the middle of a repower, going from HP500's to Teague 800 EFI's. I am intrested in knowing what size gears and props some of you are running with the higher horsepower applications and what speeds you are seeing. I am currently running 1.35 gears, and was planning on continuing that ratio and running a 35p or 36p 5 or 6 blade Herring.

Thx,

Your Spectre Brother

Jeff
Old 01-30-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

YellowBird,

I was planning on selling my good one to a friend and then parting the other out. I had a failure in the starboard motor, so that ones is already torn down and ready to start parting out. If he bails out on me, I will let you know. I will PM my phone number and you can try me in about 2 weeks.

Jeff
Old 01-30-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default if it were me

I'd run your Labbed 34's until you have a handle on all that new power, then work with Jay on proping the boat to your happy spot. acceleration vs top end. My friend has a set of labbed 36's he's not using. I'm sure you can borrow to test. The five blades really work well on the 36.

Please remember to wear a lifevest when running/testing.

your other brothers brother

Maximus
Old 01-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Registered

800 on bravos.no good. my buddy runs a 36 with 650 to 700 and has blow numerous ones. he's doing the arenson conversion. i'll let you know when done.

Last edited by outer42; 01-30-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Registered

I guess the cats out of the bag
Old 01-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Havasu Cig
I guess the cats out of the bag
Diffenitly out of the bag, but not over there on the other thread though.

Outer42

I have looked into the conversion to the Arneson also and will be looking that direction once I gernade a drive. Until then, im going to be easy on her and see how she does. The arneson seems like the only other option. I talked to Jay at Spectre about putting #6's on the boat and he reccomended selling and starting over.

Maximus,

We ordered Lifelines for the whole family, they even have them in kids size now.. really cool. Im going to be easy on her in beginning and then I will let her loose when im out with the guys. Normally we boat with the kids so its all slow going when their on board, I cant take any chances with my kids, if anything happened I would never forgive myself. I also have a hook up on some labbed 36's, and am going to try them on the first run out. Im really thinking about going either 5 or 6 blade. You had commented about how the boat loved the five blade and Bob Teague has alot of good remarks about the Herring 5 & 6 blade props as well. I will send you some pictures of the bilge once she is done. Chuck at Teague is doing a great job and it looks *****in. He has added alot of functional jewlery, your going to be very impressed with the new maximus.

Jeff
Old 01-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff,

Nice talking to you earlier this week. The 5 Blades work well on the 36 Spectre. We did the prop work for Zipp Express with excellent results. The 6 Blade Hydromotives may be something to consider. Keep in mind that we have the TEST PROP PROGRAM for this exact situation. Let us know if we can be of assistance.

Safe Testing!

Julie
Attached Thumbnails 36' Spectre Owners ???-hydro-h6.jpg  
Old 01-31-2004, 12:11 PM
Registered

Have you thought about going to the IMCO 4x4?? We just took delivery of a 36 w 575's and had Jay put the 4X4's on it. According to IMCO they feel that drive will handle 800 HP and live. The transmissions are nice and the install came out great. If your up in the N. California area sometime and want to check it out let me know.

Al Barbagelata
A&T Performance Marine
(916) 686-8646
Old 01-31-2004, 11:28 PM
Registered

Originally posted by www.gone
Have you thought about going to the IMCO 4x4?? We just took delivery of a 36 w 575's and had Jay put the 4X4's on it. According to IMCO they feel that drive will handle 800 HP and live. The transmissions are nice and the install came out great. If your up in the N. California area sometime and want to check it out let me know.

Al Barbagelata
A&T Performance Marine
(916) 686-8646
Alot of people have not had real good experiences with IMCO standing behind thier product. It seems they only get attention after they have posted on the boards regarding their disappointment. For the cost of the 4X4's, and the changes that would need to be made to the boat, I would again go with #6's and start over. It would run over 50K to change them out, at least that is the numbers I have been given. Thats alot of Bravo Drives. Im just going to learn to be real easy on the sticks. I would be intrested in finding out if you will be running your 36 down South, or in Havasu, maybe we can hook-up.

Last edited by Three Days Only; 01-31-2004 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:34 PM
Registered

Default Julie - Throttle Up!!!!

I am going to contact you as soon as I have an idea of a starting point. Bob Teague should be running the boat sometime next week. I will have a much better idea of where to start then. I will be in touch soon after. Im interested in the six blade.

Jeff