Notices

I Flew an F-16!!!

Old 01-31-2004, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Flew an F-16!!!

Well at least a simulated one. Got to take a test flight in a Max Flight simulator this morning. Never been in anything like it. Son took us off and put us into several barrel rolls followed by a loop. After the 5 minute flight I was hardly able to walk. If you ever find one, take it for a ride. Definitely worth while. For those with a big game budget, get one!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Registered

Sounds like a lot of fun. I always wanted to do that. The best thing about a simulator is you don't have to bury your mistakes.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

My boss just hired a retired (24 years of duty) Blue Angel and Navy F-14/18 carrier pilot to fly the corporate Falcon Jet I take care of. He was a training instructor for many years, and still has full access to the sims. He says I should definitely try it out.
I wonder how long my nice Falcon is going to last......
Old 02-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool ask him to do a fly by
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I was just introduced to him on Friday- he seems like a pretty quiet guy. I think he has been an Angels trainer for the last few years, and flew lead for four.
He did ask me if I wanted some cool pics which I definitely do and will share with you. Inverted just above SanFransciso harbor at .99Mach with another aircraft just above him right-side-up was one he mentioned.
I'm sure I won't have any problems or concerns dispatching our aircraft with him in the cockpit in the future given his past- he still has to go through a two week initial, sim training, and type rating ride to fly it FAA legally from the left seat.
My father was a naval aviator as well and gave his life to his country- I thanked Scott on Friday for doing the same.