Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota Springtime Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/70823-sarasota-springtime-poker-run.html)

Formula Outlaw 02-03-2004 01:28 PM

Sarasota Springtime Poker Run or "Playing for a Cure/Sarasota Springtime Poker Run"

Even though the race dates for the Sarasota Offshore Showdown have been rescheduled for August, the poker run I had been putting together to "welcome back the racers" is still going to happen, just under a different format. It will still benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and will probably stay scheduled for May 8, 2004, I just want to double check no conflicts with other events. This will be a "grass roots" style run with the emphasis on good ole fashioned fun. I am making it available to land vehicles also. I will post more info over the next few days as I finalize details. Thank you for your response.

rchevelle71 02-03-2004 01:31 PM

Hey Formula,

Are you going to have classes for smaller(slower) boats as we spoke about New Years Day?? I think I would be in for something like that. Otherwise I'll leave the Bowrider home, and hitch a ride on a real boat:D :D :D

Rick

cuda 02-03-2004 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Count us in Russ!:D

cuda 02-03-2004 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if Mr Johno will come or not, he may not like that roostertail in the eye!:cool:

Formula Outlaw 02-03-2004 04:23 PM

Rick, There will be two different courses set up. One for the performance boats which obviously will be longer, and another shorter course for the cruisers which also will be accessible by land vehicles (cars, bikes). Or, I may just hand out a list of acceptable card stops and let the entrants go where they want and run with who they want. I'm trying to make this appealing to a broad number of people. I'm going to keep this simple and fun. There will be cash prizes among other goodies. I will keep posting more info as available. I'm working on it daily. Russ

Velocity Tom 02-03-2004 05:06 PM

What is the price and what hotel is the best? Where does it start from and end? I can bring a few velocitys.

Formula Outlaw 02-03-2004 05:48 PM

The Hyatt should be the host hotel with the Hyatt Basin as the start/finish point. I'm still negotiating for the "deal" for rates, should know by week's end. There will be a couple of choices where to stay.

Entrance fee will be, at most, $ 100.00 per boat, includes two tee shirts and two poker hands. Additional shirts will be available at minimal cost and additional poker hands will be available though this cost has not been finalized. It won't be steep. Like I said, this is a "grass roots" event. No helicopters, no tv. Just lots of fun.

Prizes awarded for:
Best Poker Hand
Second Best Poker Hand
Third Best Poker Hand
Worst Poker Hand (I'll probably win that one )
Farthest Traveled
Best "Poker Run" boat
and a few door prizes to boot

Oh yeah, the official name is:

"Playing for a Cure/Sarasota Springtime Poker Run"

DanB 02-03-2004 05:54 PM

Russ
Let us know when its a done deal. I'm up for it

Dan

Formula Outlaw 02-03-2004 06:30 PM

Dan, absolutely, right now it's a "done deal". Just a few details to be worked out but it is going to happen. I've put way too much time and effort into putting this together for it not to happen. Thanks a lot for your interest. Russ