Diesel Performance Chips from 'Boot'

Notices

Diesel Performance Chips from 'Boot'

Old 12-13-2003, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Diesel Performance Chips from 'Boot'

I feel compelled to write something about the performance chip I just purchased from OSO member 'Boot'. I know, you are thinking this is going to be negative, but no, just the opposite. I have had 3 Power Strokes in the past 4 years and started off with a Superchip in an F350 Dually, a Diablo Sport in an Excursion and than another Diablo Sport in my new F350. I purchased all of them for towing so I and was told I was getting a 65hp upgrade from the Superchip and Diablo Sport. I definitely feel there was a decen improvement from stock.
So, when I decided to try something else, I was told to contact Joe (Boot) for direction on what to get. Joe was very honest with me and said he would sell me any of the above and then some including if I wanted but highly recommended me getting a Western Diesel Chip.
So, after some thought, I listened to Joe and purchased a 4" Stainless Exhaust and the Western Diesel Quad chip from him. Well the exhaust came, so I put that on while still having the Diablo chip in place and I would have to say it was a little better then the stock exhaust and sounded much better. Then the chip arrived, so I installed it, remember this quad chip has a 4 position chip, Off-40hp-70hp-110hp. I proceeded in taking the truck for a ride starting in the off position, how boring, next I put it in the 40hp position, the truck woke up a bit and felt like the 65hp Diablo chip I just took out. Then I put it in the 70hp position, let me just say, it was unbelievable, it felt as if I just put a damn 10-71 blower on it. all of the lag in the pedal was gone, throttle response expremely crisp, unlike any diesel truck I have ever driven. At this point I'm thinking, hell, do I really want to feel what the 110hp feels like so, I switch it to position 3, OMG, I just couldn't believe a diesel truck can go this quick, felt more like I was in a sports car. Anyway, if you read all the way through this thread and you are looking in to getting a performance chip for your truck, you need to call this guy Joe. BTW- I did not know him from a hole in the wall before contacting him. His price was much better then anyone else I looked up and he was very honest in telling me what he recommended. A big thank you to Joe (Boot) If anyone is considering intalling a chip and or an exhaust, I highly recommend you contact him. Now if my truck blows up next week I'll be sure to let you know that too. Although, I ffel very confident in what I just installed. I am now waiting on my pillar gauges and will also be able to confim temps are all good as well. Here's Joe's number if interested. #908-782-0688
See ya at the track!
Old 12-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The western diesel is suppose to be a good kit.I have only heard good stuff about Joe.he would be the one i would do business in the future

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:35 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I bought my A-pillar Western Diesel gauge setup for my Excursion from Joe- gpt a good deal, and they look and work and great!
Make him the first call you make when looking for diesel upgrades.
Jim
Old 12-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

If you like Ford Diesels go to www.dieselstop.com there is a wealth of information, from chips, modules, exhuast, gauges, lifts and so on. Its a great site.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

nothing to do with boot, but western diesel is low quality in my book, makes great hp but the dam check light comes on if you get on it and the parts are sub par compared to banks....I gues you get what you pay for...and yes I have had both and will never buy nothing but banks
Old 12-13-2003, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Unhappy

So far so good for me....no check light here
Old 12-13-2003, 04:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

do the also make a chip for gas engines ? I have a 2002
dodge ram 1500 5.9l 4x4 ?
Old 12-13-2003, 05:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Now I'm confused - I've heard the upgrades are hell on the transmissions. Is this true? I have a 2000 Ford F-350 FWD with 70,000 miles on it. It runs great with 0 problems so far. I still haven't figured out what to do - BH
Old 12-13-2003, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone ever release anything for the 2003 HO CTD? I know Edge has a box out but anything else?
Old 12-13-2003, 06:39 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

BruceK, How much for the setup, chip, exhaust?

Quick Reply: Diesel Performance Chips from 'Boot'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.