square Kicker subs and enclosed speakers >

square Kicker subs and enclosed speakers

Notices

square Kicker subs and enclosed speakers

Old 02-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question square Kicker subs and enclosed speakers

Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with the Kicker Solo-Baric (square) subs. I'm thinking about mounting one or two of them under my (Formula 271)rear seat. I'm wondering how much room I need to squeeze the 10's in there. Also, I would like to mount an enclosed speaker, with mids and tweets, under my bolsters so they put some sound towards the back. Any suggestions?

Wiz
Old 02-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I do not have any exprience with them in boats but I have 1 10" in a ported box in my F-350 Crew cab and with a Kenwood 650 2ch amp and Boston Acoustic highs it will rattle the windows of the car next to me.Let me know if you have any questions.
Sean
Old 02-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

I have build several systems in boats, and I have always favored the Kicker comp VR's. They handle loads of power and can still play very well in a free-air environment.

Are you planing on building enclosures for the sub/s??

Last edited by jlsnyder24baja; 02-04-2004 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two Kicker Comp 10" in sealed boxes in my boat, they slam. Also my friend has 2 of the square ones you are talking about and painted the grills white they look and sound great in his 302 BAJA.

I would say go with two and that way you can feel the music

WILL
Old 02-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Registered

I have a pair of brand new Kicker 10 inch square subs in my store on clearance for $145 each. If interested call (813)882-8477. Last two left.

Andy Buzz
Old 02-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Registered

The only place I have for an enclosure would be in the engine compartment and thats not going to work. I didn't know if the storage compartment under the rear bench seat would "act" like an enclosure if I mounted the subs on the outside kinda like Jslack's here....
Attached Thumbnails square Kicker subs and enclosed speakers-speakers.jpg  
Old 02-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Registered

Hey Buzz, are those the L5's or the L7's? Do you have any of the KB600 enclosed speakers that have a 6.5 and a horn tweeter?
Old 02-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Registered

I have a pair of Kicker Comp VRs in my boat in sealed boxes under the back bench seat. They are ran by a Kenwood 350 Watt 2 Ch. Amp and hit pretty hard. I was going to post a pic but it won't let me. I will try later.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Registered

I know bass is mostly feel and not sound, but do they sound good if you throw boxes under the seats? I was considering going with the bazooka tubes under the seats, so they are waterproof but are you guys running the car kickers or the marine version? I have a U -shaped rear seat so i have a bunch of room, but I don't want to cut through the seat base at all. That is why I was leaning toward corner mounting some bazooka tubes. Its simple and clean to install.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I mounted two in an enclosure made to fit under my rear bench in my old Fountain. We angled them down and forward for bounce off the floor, also kept them protected. Made the enclosure from glass covered maple and used it to support the rear bench. We also mounted 6.5's in the outer ends under the bench for mid-range.

Quick Reply: square Kicker subs and enclosed speakers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.