Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sampson Racing Communications

www.sampsonracing.com
Old 02-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Some people use a unit from an airplane. I know that I've seen all the components on ebay, but I don't how to put the system together. Maybe somebody could chime in.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered

Here you go.

http://revolutionmarine.com/shopsite...intercoms.html
Old 02-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I installed one of those RM setups. There were a couple of things that I didn't like about it. First of all, the head set jacks were very cheesy. We did not trust them to last for long. I guess the two knob controller comes from an airplane and doesn't react well to water. Overall, the whole kit felt like it was something that I could put together in my garage.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can the intercoms communicate from boat to boat??
Looking for something along the lines of the 900 units for snowmobiles and motorcycles with helmets.
Would be great to have everyone able to talk with-in a group on the weekends or during a poker run.
Run down river, people get late, run slow, people have to wait up for them. Would be great to just say 'Hey, you OK' and keep running.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The revolution system is a closed system. You could interface it with a VHF or cell phone though. There are also self contained FRS systems out there. They mount a small radio on the helmet.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We sell the units made by AVCOM and have had great luck with them. Again, you could interface it with a VHF or cell phone.

Chris Reindl
(513) 706-3199
[email protected]
Old 02-05-2004, 04:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a 4 place unit from Revolution Marine and installed it myself in my 38 Cigarette. I used it last summer for the 1st season, and other than the wind noise that I got, when I was standing in the direct path of the wind, as opposed to sitting while driving, I was extremely satisified with the quality of the product and their customer service.
I called them and told them of my concern and they said that a throat mike rather than the boom mike would be a better bet for my application. They were extremely helpful and offered to upgrade my system to throat mikes.
When I bought mine I asked for 2 black faceplates and 2 white ones and they said "no problem" and supplied what I asked for.
Cord: I don't know what you want, but the controler and the jacks worked perfectly for me, and if you think you can build a better system " in your garage"- have at it, and put it on the market. Did you call Revolution Marine and tell them of your concerns about their product?
Old 02-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Nope, I only installed the system for a friend. I wasn't the only one with this opinion. Several of us agreed.

Yes, those throat mikes do work extreamly well. It's a bit disconserting first putting them on, but I was amazed how realistic the sound was.

Quick Reply: Intercoms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.