Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kilo Runs.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/71091-kilo-runs.html)

waterspeed 02-06-2004 05:58 AM

Kilo Runs..

Since everyone has their own thoughts and feelings concerning kilo runs, why don't we, the members of OSO, initiate an OSO fully sanctioned Kilo Run.

The event could become the leading annual event for manufacturers to showcase their latest and greatest, with the kilo run providing the fastest in each class with the bragging/marketing rights.

It seems that the only way to potentially get parity in a kilo run is to have an independent, non-manufacturer organized, properly sanctioned event. What better forum than via OSO. The majority of the members are high performance boaters who all have an opinion on the subject.

The previous thread (OL v. Reggie) clearly showed that we all would like to support a kilo run, as long as it is conducted in a fair and ethical manner.

Let's hear your thoughts on this.

P.S. That includes the Board Gods!!!

dreamboater 02-06-2004 06:13 AM

speaking of the Kilo runs, what happened to the thread on "OL vs Fountain for the record"

Shane 02-06-2004 06:41 AM

Re: Kilo Runs..

Originally posted by waterspeed
Since everyone has their own thoughts and feelings concerning kilo runs, why don't we, the members of OSO, initiate an OSO fully sanctioned Kilo Run.

The event could become the leading annual event for manufacturers to showcase their latest and greatest, with the kilo run providing the fastest in each class with the bragging/marketing rights.

It seems that the only way to potentially get parity in a kilo run is to have an independent, non-manufacturer organized, properly sanctioned event. What better forum than via OSO. The majority of the members are high performance boaters who all have an opinion on the subject.

The previous thread (OL v. Reggie) clearly showed that we all would like to support a kilo run, as long as it is conducted in a fair and ethical manner.

Let's hear your thoughts on this.

P.S. That includes the Board Gods!!!

Excellent idea Marcus.:) :cool:

C_Spray 02-06-2004 07:29 AM

Originally posted by dreamboater
speaking of the Kilo runs, what happened to the thread on "OL vs Fountain for the record"
Looks like it got the old "POOF-OLA":

*poink* Gone. Was it something I said?

dreamboater 02-06-2004 08:44 AM

Was the info given about Reggies speed correct? I thought maybe that info was not supposed to go out yet, but there was some pretty harsh bashing and trash talking. Thanks, just wondering

Ron P 02-06-2004 08:45 AM

I poofed it for all concerned.

C_Spray 02-06-2004 09:20 AM

Ron: You, my friend, are a very wise man....

mr_velocity 02-06-2004 10:07 AM

Kilos don't mean much. So what, you run the boat in perfect water conditions and it's fast, drop it into the real world and it's not so great. Most kilos are run as part of racing events, so let's look at the APBA (gulp), how many kilo holders are National Champions? The National Champion is the team that performed most consistently over the course of the season, is many different water conditions. It is that boat that has the bragging rights. I can't remember the last time I was in a boat in "kilo" conditions.

Miller 02-06-2004 10:11 AM

Addressing Marcus' post, I think it sounds like a good idea. I don't see that he is actually calling for more Kilo runs, rather a set of rules and a sanction provided by OSO. That means, to answer Sutphen30's concern, existing Kilo runs could potentially be eligible for carrying the OSO sanction if run under the OSO set of rules and standards. I think it sounds like a wise idea Marc. :eureka:

Perhaps next we can get OSO to start its own offshore race series....and then its own band camp... :p