All Of Our Jobs Have Gone To India >

All Of Our Jobs Have Gone To India

Notices

All Of Our Jobs Have Gone To India

Old 02-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Indy
This isn't news, and it's more wide spread than you think. Most companies don't publicize it when they make the move. Asia, India, Mexico are killing us. Remember NAFTA? Ross Perot was right!!
I voted for him when he ran.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So did I.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you voted for Ross you elected Clinton.. BTW who pushed for the MFN status for China anyway??

I gotta stop.. Sorry.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NAFTA.
Goodbye middle class Americans.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Danny_Ocean
Gee...we're losing telemarketing and call-center jobs to India. So what? They can have 'em.

Now, perhaps the people who "lost" these "high-paying" jobs will get an education in math or engineering so we can get back to kicking Japan's, China's and Germany's arse in design and production.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA
That belief doesn't hold water either. Sorry. Ever heard of "H1-B", and "L-VISA" legislation?

It brings hundreds of thousands of foreign engineers and scientists into the United States each year to supposedly fill jobs that cannot be filled by Americans. In fact however, They are brought here to scab American wages and diminish the influence of the US Citizen Engineers!!!!!!!

H1-B foreign engineers and scientists are neither immigrants nor minority employees, but mostly they are NOT Americans even though they are paraded around as all three. Only by the abuse of the term "Diverse Workforce" do they start looking like legitimate minority placements.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Registered

There is no engineering talent shortage. If there where then wages would go up and American youngsters would find engineering disciplines a valid educational option. Considering the wages and career limitations that are offered to engineers because of the H1-B policy, American youth do not view engineering as a growth opportunity. Does an intelligent American youth want to put up with 4 years of engineering school, where foreign professors teach to foreign students, just to earn $50-60K/yr after 10 years; assuming that the embedded H1-B managers in America are hiring Americans. If there were such a shortage of engineers, then why are engineering wages below the scale of middle management for which there is known to be a great supply and yet surprisingly remains the educational choice of the American youth. The opinion of the American business student is that only an idiot or a foreigner want to be an engineer. As things look in 10/20 years is the US going to out-source OUR national defense, since there will definitely be a shortage of American engineering talent?.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

My cousin is just entering College, like computers and asked for some advice.

I told him the best path is to be BOTH technical and have business acumen. Programming and web dev is NOT the way to go considering the recent offshore moves and portability of the job.

You need to be in a spot where you look the person in the eye, shake his hand, speak his language, and be there in person. That is what has made me able to still be employed and successful in a tech market with downward pressure.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh Please! I called Dell support last week, I could NOT understand him at ALL. And I work here In Philly and deal with E-bonics all day and trust me I can even speak it to get by if I have to. But Dell-bonic's Forget it
Old 02-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Registered

Originally posted by CAP071
Oh Please! I called Dell support last week, I could NOT understand him at ALL. And I work here In Philly and deal with E-bonics all day and trust me I can even speak it to get by if I have to. But Dell-bonic's Forget it
Oh I get it.
Dell's moving tech support back to the US along with
some people from India:
Old 02-08-2004, 09:39 AM
BK
Registered

Has anyone read this?

The MADE in America Act

This bill will strengthen the very effective Manufacturing Extension Partnership program. This program assists struggling manufacturers to modernize, increase productivity, cut waste, achieve higher profits, and compete in the demanding global market. With increased funding, the MEP program can expand its program reach and decrease the fees paid by small manufacturers to access the assistance. It is exactly this type of program that will make American manufacturers competitive again, allowing them to maintain existing jobs and create additional high-skilled and high-paying jobs in the United States.

"Manufacturing Job Production Act."
a. Temporary Manufacturing Job Creation Tax Credit
b. There shall be no capital gains tax applied to new equity investments in small businesses with gross sales under $100 million for those businesses involved in certain "critical technologies" and new equity investments in small manufacturing firms
c. "Business Retained Income During Growth and Expansion." It would allow a fast-growing business with less than $10 million in sales to temporarily defer up to $250,000 of its Federal income tax liability, but only if the money is reinvested in the company
d. Will permanently increase the annual expensing limit to $100,000 (in place now, but expires 2005)

The MADE in America Act would establish a self-sustaining grant fund to help small manufacturers and R&D firms pay for the cost associated with foreign patent protection. (in foreign countries, this can range from $7,000 to $20,000 per patent; $27,000 in Japan). Each company would be limited to one grant and, in order to be eligible for the grant, it must have already filed for patent protection in the United States.
In return for the grants, the company would pay 5 percent of its related export sales or licensing fees to the fund, to be known as the "Small Business Foreign Patent Protection Grant Fund." Therefore, these grants would be self-funding.

Second, the Manufacturing Corps would help small manufacturers fill their skilled labor needs by encouraging college and university students studying engineering, computers, and other high-tech fields to work in the small manufacturing sector by offering to repay a portion of their student loans if they do so for a specified period of time. Similar to incentives for students going into the nonprofit or government work, the government would repay the loans of those who commit to working for a small manufacturer for four years following graduation if their annual employment compensation does not exceed $60,000.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's a lot more in this act, like finacial aid and tax credits for tech training etc.

Quick Reply: All Of Our Jobs Have Gone To India

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.