Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I love ya Reggie Fountain!! >

I love ya Reggie Fountain!!

Notices

I love ya Reggie Fountain!!

Old 02-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LT, Where you been? Thought I would see you at Ricks get together.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Back4More
LT, Where you been? Thought I would see you at Ricks get together.
Mark, we made the other parties but had a prior committment. I hope Rick and Wendy still talk to me.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Havasu Cig
I will take that challenge anytime....Anybody have a 42 Ex they want to run against my "slow" T/S Gun that only has 500's????

We can do a nice open ocean run from the Ca. coast out to Catalina Island & back on a nice snotty afternoon.
NOW WE'RE TALKIN'. . . .
Two boats, similar length, similar power, offshore conditions, just ONE turn.
Somebody's got to take him up on this. . . . I'd be there but I'm only running a 32 footer. . . . any left-coast 42 beakers out there ? ? ? . . . .
Old 02-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

Originally posted by ThirdBird
I noticed the OL chime-in. Didn't give it much credence after his remark about "hands off the wheel at 100 mph". That's just a stupid remark!! You don't take your hands off the wheel at 100 or 80 or 50 or 30 mph. If that was just an exageration,,,,,,,,, then,,,,, again it's a stupid one.

The only thing more "stupid" and less intelligent is your post. I hate to break it to you, but Mike Fiore doesn't exactly go around with his hands off the wheel, whether it be testing, racing or pleasure boating. If you can't recognize a figure of speach when you see it then go back to school....either boating 101 or grammer. Either should help. Oh by the way, it wasn't an "exageration" either, just a response to someone else's ignorant comment about the OL having handling issues. I think that person stated that it was "the word he had heard". The problem is "the word" and HIS INFORMATION was wrong. So many people get on here and state "something they heard" from people that do not have all the facts and then post or repeat the wrong information as "fact" and they simply are not true.

So, to the author of the above post....have you ridden in any boat with Mike Fiore lately??? If not, i guess you have no place saying that you don't give someone "credence", since you don't know and I'm sure have never MET the man. With out knowing this person, how the hell do you knowing whether to give him "credence"? So stop talking out your a-- and stop being the person that is really STUPID!

Last edited by Blonde Cig Chick; 02-09-2004 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Registered

Where you been?
Old 02-09-2004, 10:41 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Provenance of information and facts is the key, if it's not first hand information it's useless.

BBC is right, unless your in the game don't pass judgment, and definitely do not criticize solely on theoretical conclusions.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally posted by Blonde Cig Chick
The only thing more "stupid" and less intelligent is your post. I hate to break it to you, but Mike Fiore doesn't exactly go around with his hands off the wheel, whether it be testing, racing or pleasure boating. If you can't recognize a figure of speach when you see it then go back to school....either boating 101 or grammer. Either should help. Oh by the way, it wasn't an "exageration" either, just a response to someone else's ignorant comment about the OL having handling issues. I think that person stated that it was "the word he had heard". The problem is "the word" and HIS INFORMATION was wrong. So many people get on here and state "something they heard" from people that do not have all the facts and then post or repeat the wrong information as "fact" and they simply are not true.

So, to the author of the above post....have you ridden in any boat with Mike Fiore lately??? If not, i guess you have no place saying that you don't give someone "credence", since you don't know and I'm sure have never MET the man. With out know this person, how the hell do you know whether to give him "credence"? So stop talking out your a-- and stop being the person that is really STUPID!
Hey Anna !

I've been in a 42 OL at 117 MPH (you know the boat ) and it does handle like it's on rails !

Lets all get together for dinner at Carl's soon..Sean ya out there ?...say hi to John for us .
Old 02-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Registered

Maybe i am off topic, but in regards to the ORIGINAL post of this thread....
I had to cancel my subscribtions to PowerBoat, while I am over seas, so I do not have a picture of the previously mentioned Fountain. Could someone please help me out?

I have met Mike Fiore, not Reggie Fountain, but either way both of these guys are doing tremendous progressions for the sport that WE ALL love!!!!! I know many of you are much older than me, but after reading this thread and the other one about Fountain's new spead record...... (going to be rude here) not many of you sound like adults. It's great have brand loyalty, but what does all damn bickering accomplish? My .02 and I am sure a few others...
Old 02-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Blonde Cig Chick

So, to the author of the above post....have you ridden in any boat with Mike Fiore lately??? If not, i guess you have no place saying that you don't give someone "credence", since you don't know and I'm sure have never MET the man. With out know this person, how the hell do you know whether to give him "credence"? So stop talking out your a-- and stop being the person that is really STUPID!
OK, OK, I give!!!!! My post was uncalled for. I must have been in a negative mood. I apologize. Now stop yelling at me!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Registered

Oh Oh !!!!!!!! She's back. Just could not keep quiet any longer .

Quick Reply: I love ya Reggie Fountain!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.