Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I love ya Reggie Fountain!! >

I love ya Reggie Fountain!!

Notices

I love ya Reggie Fountain!!

Old 02-07-2004, 02:46 PM
LPA2106

Default I love ya Reggie Fountain!!

....well maybe not just you.. but after reading the article in January's Powerboat magazine and your 35'er with HP575 injected engines with a pair of Superchillers doing 103mph.....ON RADAR!! I got to tell you that I agree with everything Bob Norskog said about you on his watch and now what his testers are saying about this boat and you..."Reggie and his 35' Lightning is among the finest models we've seen from Fountain in years". Bob Norskog bought a 42' Fountain just before he passed on to the great resin bucket in the sky and said it was the best boat he had ever been in! Bob rode cig..Scarabs etc...he tested them all...

....by the way...the Chillers add a 100HP per engine ...but still folks...we are talking about 650hpx2...on an 8600 pound boat...that out of the box goes 103mph...and now has custom graphics and looks like a cig to boot! I was never a beak fan..but the colors make it geat...and the performance speaks for itself...

Powerboat said that at 100mph "a touch of negative tab trim was all it took to keep the 35' Lightning comfortably planted at more than 100mph".

...Now tricked out it listed at $348,031...so a price to pay...but I spoke to a dealer who would do it out the door for $260's...it is a buters market and dealers pay about half of list folks...money does talk...

...I don't really want a boat that goes 100+ so HP 500's and mid 80's are fine for around $190 or so I was told..but knowing that it can handle 100+ gives me peace of mind..and it was tested in choppy conditions with four footers at that.

...so after much searching...and with those incredible graphics equal to the cig type we have grown to love...the beak issue is gone...it looks great with lots of color...paint a cig in standard factory graphics and the excitement factor lessons a lot...so all Reggie needed was the inhouse custom graphic shop and the added touches to his bottom design are exactly what the boys at Powerboat Magazine said " Fountain could well be on the way to reinventing itself..so Reggie....I am back to square one...and that's when the ice thaws I will be looking to sail away in what now appears to be the best 35' boat out there... par none...

.....anyone see that Fountain on the cover of January's issue of Powerboat Magazine? At first glance it looked like a Cafe' racer....all you need is to add the graphics and a little more bottom work....and with 1300HP total an 8600 pound well built boat can safely do 103mph and it's out there for the general public....this is a boat that for those who wanted to do 130+ could upgrade using Mercury products...what is this world coming to folks? I tell you what it's coming to...Anyone who sits back and rests upon former laurels is gonna be history cause guys like Reggie don't let the grass grow under their feet...not for a second...

....so now I think without any further adoo that Reggie's 35' Lightning is the best 35'er out there....nothing can beat it with comparable power...and with the graphics.. it looks like it is going 100+ standing still...Thanks for the flyin' Fountain...and to the guys at Powerboat Magazine for recognizing a boat that is a superboat and a true offshore performer par none!

Old 02-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get a 39 OL with a stand up cabin, enclosed head, with 525's that will do that.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:53 PM
LPA2106

...heard OL has stability concerns at the top end..still working on bottom changes...

Old 02-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Registered

I drove a new 35 not long ago, and no way does it compare to my Gun in either ride quality or build quality.

As far as speed, that is about what I would expect with that boat and that hp.

They recently tested a Gun with only 200 more total hp that ran close to 106 mph. The gun weighs in at considerably more than 8600 pounds.

You must own stock in Fountain.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:03 PM
LPA2106

...now I am still shopping but still with the FOUntain...the quad step design on the OL is radical and rough water is an issue...it's not just about top speed but acceleration from say 0-80mph....30-50mph....50-80mph....the Fountain still is faster in the mid acceleration groupings...so if you like acceleration factor in the mid range the facts speak for themselves...top speed is not the only issue....and I wasn't gonna but a Fountain till I read about this 25' boat...seems like a great deal..and no way will a Gun sell new for under 200k...so not to knock anyone's favorite...but Reggie raised the bar on 25's is all..

Old 02-07-2004, 03:09 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I love ya Reggie Fountain!!

Originally posted by LPA2106
......and now has custom graphics and looks like a cig to boot!

...so after much searching...and with those incredible graphics equal to the cig type we have grown to love...

.....anyone see that Fountain on the cover of January's issue of Powerboat Magazine? At first glance it looked like a Cafe' racer....

Way to be original.

Last edited by PokerRunGunT/S; 02-07-2004 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Registered

I take it that you mean 35' not 25'???

You are right a new Gun will not sell for less than 200k (which I doubt a 35' fountain would either), but you get what you pay for. My .02
Old 02-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Registered

The Fountain is a good buy for the money, the Cig is a better buy and it won't lose as much in resale, the OL is better in every way but cost twice as much but will hold the value the best. You will not believe the speed you are going in an OL and the Cig aint far behind, I have ever been in a Fountain going faster than 85 and it was a 32 and you new you were moving.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:49 PM
sauron

NO way that Fountain ran 103 in 4 footers.

Old 02-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm putting on the hip waders NOW!

Quick Reply: I love ya Reggie Fountain!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.