Notices

Pop Up Help PLEASE!!!

Old 02-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pop Up Help PLEASE!!!

I give up, I would rather chew on hot, broken glass than have these. I can't even type sometimes, they change my tool bar, home page and all. I also need info on a fire wall, I am going to cut those Mother F'ers off at the knees. Thanks for your help here.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Registered

Black Ice for the firewall. Do a search for spywareblaster it's free, download it and run it. Please don't puke on the carpet when you see how many spy bots and trojans are in your cookies. I regularly go to windows/cookies and delete everything. When you go back to sites you visit often you'll have to set a new cookie by logging in. You also may want to go to tools/internet options/privacy and set your browser to prompt you before accepting a cookie. You'll be stunned by how many web sites try to set cookies from other entities. When prompted, if you don't recognize it, dont accept it.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Registered

I paid 29 bucks for the sptware thing, it found over 400 parasites. Now I want to get a firewall to stop this and stop the pop ups. Thanks, I have to clean my carpet now because I puked and $hit.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:11 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

I have AOL 9.0 and have not had a pop up yet (knocking on wood)... Also, I get only get about 6 spam advertisements a week (knocking on wood)..

The only problem I have with AOL is that it will not let me work with "Paypal", but then that saves me moneeee...
Old 02-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

FREE POP-UP Blocker
FREE Spyware Cleaner
If you have cable internet, get an inexpensive hardware router- it's the best firewall you could use, and the easiest to use, too

Last edited by David; 02-08-2004 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Registered

Thanks David, w'ell see how this works. Thanks a ton.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Registered

So far so good, I never had a problem with this until a week or so ago. I would get so many I could hardly keep up. I do the Internet Options thing all the time but not the Cookies because I am lazy and don't like to log on each time. What about this router you are talking about? I do have cable internet so it sounds like I need one. What will it do? Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to www.panicware.com and download the free version of pop-up stopper. works great for me.

Roby
Old 02-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best pop up blocker (free) I have found is EMS free surfer mkII... here is where you can download it...... http://www.webattack.com/get/freesurfer.shtml ... there is one problem... you can't run it while in this forum... it blocks the messages... but it is easy to disable... you really only need it when surfing the web... not here.

Last edited by Reed Jensen; 02-09-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Google has a free tool bar you can add to your computer with several handy items, including a pop up blocker, quick search function by highlighting a word on you screen and searching the Internet for it, etc. I started using it a couple of weeks ago with good success so far. Keep in mind, sometimes you want a pop up, and so you need a quick way to allow them for a particular site, which the google tool bar does.

In addition, the computer guy set up ZoneAlarm, a cable router, and I've run Norton Anti Virus for years with the auto update. ZoneAlarm also informs you when software on your computer tries to contact the mother ship, and you can stop it, or allow it.

Anyone know of any downsides to using the above?