Notices

Dumb sellers

Old 02-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea you call them and you get some desperate guy who wants to chat about boating all F-ing night n rack up your long distance bill.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Registered

I love it... I call them "strokers" .. people call about a boat or car you have for sale... take up hours of your time... want test rides... blah blah blah.... then you never hear from them again... When I was selling my boat... I had one clown call me and say " Meet me at the launch ramp at Marina Del Rey and lets spend the day out on the water... I've got to bring my "wife" along 'cause she has to approve of it too.. and if it is what you say it is... I'll think about buying it".I said sure.... when we meet at the ramp... I want $1,000.00 dollars for a deposit... because it will cost $400.00 for the gas... and I'll have to spend the next day cleaning it up again... and if you buy the boat... I'll give you the money back.... gee... never heard from the guy again... I wonder why?
Old 02-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Registered

Oh... I'm sorry... I guess this thread was about sellers.. not buyers...
Old 02-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing I hate the most is no price. For some reason they think people who have a budget will call and get the price that's 30k more than they can spend and say,, I'll take it. I don't understand, LIST THE F#$KING PRICE!!!!! It absolutely drives me crazy!! Or ya get the jackass that posts just one picture from 50 feet away at night. I never understand it, your trying to sell something,,, make it easy for the buyer to decide if this boat is for them. When I have sold something I always tell people what is wrong with it. When your buying a used boat there are going to be some minor things wrong,ie. sun pad, minor scratches, etc. JUST ****ING TELL ME BEFORE I DRIVE 14 HOURS TO SEE IT. Bottom line, just be honest with the price, the condition , and for god sakes post some good pics.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Registered

I know what you mean Impulsive... I've been through the same thing... only I flew from LAX to JFK and then drove 5 hours to find out something was misrepresented. You want to strangle someone by the time you are done. I've got to tell you though... I've made the mistake of helping some "technically challenged" friends... ( no computer).. by posting their stuff for them on the internet.. and it is amazing how often you can describe the stuff in detail.. show very clear pictures.. and yet you get calls from people asking the stupidest questions... " what color is it?"... " What color does it look like in the picture... what color is described in the ad? It's white you moron! " And then you send off fifteen or twenty more pictures... and never hear from them again... Then the worst happens.... you start getting calls from the " Would you like to donate your boat to charity" a**holes... I must have gotten twice as many calls of people wanting the boat for free ... as I did from people that were seriously looking for a boat. Want some more entertaining stories??? I live in Glendale... there is only one place on the face of the earth that has more Armenians than Glendale... and that is Armenia... They would drive by my place and see the boat .... ask in broken english... "That boat... that boat... is that boat for sale???... " Why yes it is!"... How much... how much for that boat.... I'd reply I'm into it over One hundred thousand... but I'd take Eighty thousand.... " Oh no... I buy boats like that all day long for four... five thousand dollars... I give you five thousand dollars for it.... This happened lots of times too... F---ing flying carpet salesmen... They think they can bull**** you .... comes with the territory.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How is it a guy who works around boats all day can claim a boat is a 10 when it is really a -2? I feel that if a boat is mis represented that bad I should be able to sue him for my plane tix cost! bastards!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by CAP071
How is it a guy who works around boats all day can claim a boat is a 10 when it is really a -2? I feel that if a boat is mis represented that bad I should be able to sue him for my plane tix cost! bastards!
I could not agree more. I got a guy interested in my boat from Kentucky. I have sent him over 50 pics and I am going to take a video of the boat and overnite it to him. If he drives all the way to boston he wants to leave with the boat and I don't want any surprises when he gets here.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just want a ( Really cold ) Beer when I get to your place impulsive!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok and I will even buy it
Old 02-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm headed up there eventualy just to do a weekend trip and drink some cold 1's

Quick Reply: Dumb sellers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.