Nice Job Dan M. Team Archer!!! >

Nice Job Dan M. Team Archer!!!

Notices

Nice Job Dan M. Team Archer!!!

Old 02-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice Job Dan M. Team Archer!!!

I just wanted to give out a little credit to Dan M. at Team Archer Marine in Socal for great custom rigging. I helped a friend get the most wicked 38 Scarab on the West Coast within the past month. Dan had already done most of the rigging (#5's and Paul Pfauff Power 980HP each). So considering I have seen Dans work in the past and there were a few more improvements to make, it only made sense who to have finish the boat. A few cosmetic things such as paint and clear coat, and a bit of rigging.
This past weekend I ran the boat with all the new trick stuff. "Dialed In" perfectly. Not a single leak! Belts stayed straight! New M&M throttles and shifters were sync'd perfectly. The boat ran fast smooth and level. I know the owner is ecstatic about the final result. It is great to see work done right the first time and exceed all expectations. Good Job!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys planning on pissing anymore people off at the Jolly Roger in Dana Point??
Old 02-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Registered

Pictures?
Old 02-13-2004, 07:27 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been to Archer a few times and the place is always clean and Dan has always been cool to talk to. The work that I have seen him doing seems to be of very high quality also.

Jon
Old 02-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Is the 38' Scarab you are speaking of Miken's (something like that) old boat? I think he was/is from the Newport Beach area.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Troutly
DO tell the story
We had just run our Cig from Catalina Island to dana Point and were eating breakfast. I heard a boat with some healthy sounding blower motors pulling up in the area of the ramp (which is next to the restaurant).

I walked out to see who it was and Matt (IDRPSTF) was pulling up with the owner in the above mentioned Scarab, which by the way is a very nice boat boat.

They had lost a power steering belt so they were having a little trouble getting the boat up to the dock. The blower motors were surging, and to my ears it was a wonderful sound.

Well, not everybody had the same opinion. A lady walked out of the restaurant and asked Matt if there were problems with the boat. She seemed nice at first, but after Matt told here what the problem was she went on a rant about how they were disturbing everyone in the restaurant.

I was standing next to her and made a comment about how the rigging on the sailboats in the harbor banging against the mast bothered me. She did not like the comment and wlaked away a little pissed off.

typical sailboater.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered

You guys planning on pissing anymore people off at the Jolly Roger in Dana Point??
Oh it gets better. I fixed the belt at the dock (Poor Alignment, before Dan got to it) And we were on our way. We had to "Check in" at the Sheriff dock to get a guest slip for the night. This "Lady Sheriff" says "Is that your Cigarette type boat out there? "Yup".
"Its not Legal in this harbor, The decibel level is too high". So of course me, being me. I ask "How high was it?". I knew she didn't have a freakin meter packed away under her powder sugar and jelly glazed uniform. There wasn't room! This charming size ten in a size 6 screaming for air was just pissed at the world for placing her in a job that has good pay, great bennies, the best view I have ever seen in my life, and more power than anyone with a Badge, a GED, and a gun should ever posses (Sorry Troutley but I'm sure you know they type). She didn't find me charming at all! Go Figure. And says we cant stay. Luckily the other officer stepped up and said we would stay while we put the new brakes on the trailer. Very Cool Guy!

The boat itself is a work of art. Paul built strong motors that look as good as they run. Dans rigging is perfect, to say the least. Cant see wires, cables, etc. Everything works! And yes this was Mikes Boat. Mike is the kind of person you wish had the boat before you. Very clean, always maintained right and most of all a damn good person!
Old 02-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Registered

The lady from the restaurant probably called the Harbor patrol on you guys. Glad everything worked out in the end.

Old 02-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Registered

Good story about Dana Point....I have heard how much they love offshore boats in their harbor...

I didn't know that Mike had sold his boat, he always took great care of it from what I could tell. I can't wait until it's replacement is ready....
Old 02-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Registered

I think sailboaters are just jealous of all the boats owned by OSOers. Maybe because our boats are "sexy looking" and they wish they had them. Or maybe they don't like them because their not having as much fun

Quick Reply: Nice Job Dan M. Team Archer!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.