Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Htm Ss-24 Or Other Lake Cats >

Htm Ss-24 Or Other Lake Cats

Notices

Htm Ss-24 Or Other Lake Cats

Old 02-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know of at least three places that rig Eliminators.... Mira Loma, Havasu & San Diego. There might be some more I don't know about.

I have seen some hit and miss stuff come out of the Mira Loma factory (which is the main one). They produce so many boats a year that I think the QC slips a little at times.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Registered

26 NXS American Offshore
500 hp
80 mph

Don
Old 02-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Registered

Brad Zastrow,
Not trying to start anything here, but you are way wrong about the HTM being slow and needing lots of HP to go fast. The HTM is the fastest boat in its class bar none. When I had my SS24 it had a 565c.u. 700HP naturally aspirated motor that pushed the boat to 107mph with a 1:50 gear and a 30 pitch prop. It would run 0 (dead stop) to 60mph in 9 seconds. I could pull up on guys in other brand boats that had at least 200HP more then me and smoke them. You are correct though when you say that they don't like the rough stuff. They do ride a bit harsh in anything bigger then about 2' chop.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Registered

Randal Walker,
I almost forgot, are looking for new or used and what price are you looking to spend? I know that you are looking for something in the 24'-26' range, but just to let you know I am selling my Spectre 30 I/O for a really good deal if you are interested.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Registered

If you are looking for a cat to use in the lakes, Shockwave just released their 26' Cat and has good deals on them until they get a few out there. Here are a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails Htm Ss-24 Or Other Lake Cats-cat1.jpg  

Last edited by Steamin' Rice; 02-17-2004 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Registered

Another pic.. I think they are selling these new for $65k with a 496HO...
Attached Thumbnails Htm Ss-24 Or Other Lake Cats-cat8.jpg  
Old 02-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Registered

wrong pic..
Attached Thumbnails Htm Ss-24 Or Other Lake Cats-cat7.jpg  
Old 02-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Registered

You need to ask yourself many questions prior to determining what 24 to 28 or so cat is right for your application. Some mentioned above so forgive me if I duplicate:

Do you need a cabin and if so how important is it to you?

Do you need or prefer one type of power I/O or Outboard?

Cockpit room?

Type of conditions you will be running in the most?

Purchase price versus resale value?

Speed considerations..is there a number you HAVE to reach?

How many occupants do you usually have?

I think if you answer these honestly, you will be pointed pretty clearly toward a slect 2 or 3 cats. Because they vary so much each has very distinct benefits and drawbacks. New for new, dollar for dollar, I think the 30 Spectre with 496's or custom built big blocks for way less money than phantom black or HP blue will give you the most value for your dollar. That is coming from a SKATER MAN! OSO member Chuck, from Saratoga, NY has a GORGEOUS 30 Spectre with 496's and the fun for the dollar and quality CANNOT BE MATCHED! Best of luck.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Roy

What area do you live? Do you know people w/ a HTM or Eliminator or what ever you are looking at. Talk to them get there pro's and cons and than go for a ride. Cats in this size range especially have there special characterziations. Like what was said before, what do you need out of a cat, cabin,speed,deep cockpit, stand-up bolsters, etc. Then see which boat fits your want list. Good luck.

Old 02-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

THE FIRST thing you need to ask is how much and even IF you can get insurance on a cat. Its tough. Docmanrich here in VA has a bone stock 525 25/26 Eliminator, and he was cancelled; with a clean loss record.

I have another friend building a HUGE and VERY FAST offshore cat, (40 Skater / 160+ MPH), and he cannot get insurance because he has never owned a cat before.

If I were a cat manufacturer, (and I have said this before), I would bond together with the others and approach the Carriers and do something to make it easier to for folks to buy everyone's cat hulls.

Quick Reply: Htm Ss-24 Or Other Lake Cats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.