Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Konrad 540 HP drive. A better idea!!! >

Konrad 540 HP drive. A better idea!!!

Notices

Konrad 540 HP drive. A better idea!!!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Konrad 540 HP drive. A better idea!!!

If your in the market for a set of drives that don't break, you can save a few $$$ by ordering before the end of the year.

Kurt

[email protected]
Old 12-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, Just got the price increase schedule. Any of you who are thinking of buying a REAL drive get your orders in NOW.

[email protected]
Old 12-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Registered

Hey Kurt, it was great to meet you finally last week. Can't wait to do some dirt bike riding on your next trip out!

We got the Konrad Half conversion kit on the Pantera 28. Boy was than an easy install! I almost feel guilty charging...
Old 12-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

What is the price on the whole kit with the extension box - including gimbles and the high performance lowers?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Registered

Are you looking for a Bravo or TRS conversion?
Bravo kit will run you close to $15k with a trany (correct me if I'm off here Kurt)
TRS full kit will run about $12k.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

thanks. Any update on when the shiftable bravo drive will be ready?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
thanks. Any update on when the shiftable bravo drive will be ready?
Not until they sell all the 540's they can.....
Old 12-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Konrad/Fountain of Youth Racing update:

The Konrad Team has just wrapped up our second season beating the daylights out of a pair of 540 High Performance stern drives, both on the SBI/APBA and GLSCS race circuits, as well as Great Lakes based poker run events. With wins in Grand Haven, Milwaukee, St. Clair, and Washington, NC (kinda), it has been a successful two-year program. We also had strong showings in Sarasota, Deerfield Beach, and at the World Championships in Key West.

Those of you familiar with the poker run circuit know that this can be a harsh environment on drives as well. The Konrad/Fountain of Youth made appearances and successful runs at 4 Lake Erie Offshore Performance Association (LEOPA) events, as well as Smoke on the Water in Grand Haven, Chicago Powerboat Club run on Lake Michigan, and at Lake Cumberland in KY.

Total drives problems with the Konrad 540's: none, zip, nada.

I have to tell you a quick story from Key West... Fred and Randy from Konrad are standing in back of the boat in the dry pits at Key West on Friday as we were making preparations for Saturday's race, and thought it would be a good idea to pull the drain plugs to check for fuzz on the magnets. As some of the drive oil drained out, they noticed that it wasn't quite purple like Royal Purple should be. "Brian, when was the last time you changed the oil in these things?" "Uh... April" We changed the oil that day....

My drives are spending the next few weeks at the Konrad facility in Hudson, WI, where they will be going through an R&D exercise, determining the extent, if any, of the wear I put on the gearsets during 2 years of abuse. I had a pair of spares that have been returned in brand new condition, as I can't see any reason to cart them around the country anymore. These things just don't break.

Hooking up with the Konrad Team has been the best thing that has happened for my racing program. From Ken Konrad, all the way down through his organization (Fred, Randy, Kurt, Mark, Rich, Chad, Becky, and can't forget Tonya, their newest addition on the Marketing side [and 40 more great folks back in the shop]) these guys are top-notched people. Doesn't hurt that they have an outstanding product, too.

I am looking forward to continuing this relationship over the years to come. Come see the Konrad/Fountain of Youth Team on the OPA Central Division circuit, selected races on the SBI/APBA tour, as well as poker run appearances around the Midwest.

I'll close by extending a sincere "Thank You!" to the Konrad Team for keeping my boat running in some of the toughest conditions that a performance boat should ever have to see. You guys, and your products, are the Best!

See ya next year,
Brian
Attached Thumbnails Konrad 540 HP drive. A better idea!!!-augie.jpg   Konrad 540 HP drive. A better idea!!!-side-shot1.jpg   Konrad 540 HP drive. A better idea!!!-nose-up.jpg  

Last edited by p4-33; 12-21-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Registered

Congrats on a great season Brian! I should say a perfect season seeing as how you had NO DRIVE failures!

As you know, myself and the crew at O'Neill Offshore are happy as can be with the drives we've got from Konrad. We're rigging a Pantera with a Konrad now and should be starting on a Scarab Bravo conversion in early 05'.

Word has it there may be some new boat builders offering Konrads in the next year. Great news for new boat buyers.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ttt

Quick Reply: Konrad 540 HP drive. A better idea!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.