Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The best photo of GLH and the new Tiger... >

The best photo of GLH and the new Tiger...

Notices

The best photo of GLH and the new Tiger...

Old 02-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Few more...
at Phily's place getting cleaned up on Monday:
Attached Thumbnails The best photo of GLH and the new Tiger...-dscf0024.jpg  
Old 02-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Jeez hes even got someone that cleans it for him

Nice boat !
Old 02-18-2004, 05:34 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow actually on the new trailer also had not seen that yet.

Rforsey- I actually flew backSunday night to Vermont but we're flying back tomorrow night for the Poker Run. Had some work and landed at -12. Talk about reality.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:36 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

leaving Monty's:
Attached Thumbnails The best photo of GLH and the new Tiger...-dscf0046.jpg  
Old 02-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by CBlakeNS
Jeez hes even got someone that cleans it for him

Service after the sale at Lip-Ship.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:41 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by CBlakeNS
Jeez hes even got someone that cleans it for him Nice boat !
Actually Phil's place takes care of them like it's their boats and you better not break it cause your going to get it from Phil!!!
Old 02-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

LOL, just ask Gary about breaking a boat from Phil.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:48 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I posted this somewhere else but it's worth it another of Phil's client PM'ed me saying he went thru the same thing!

Phil is the best and I guess when you buy a boat from Phil it's like borrowing it from him.
Saturday morning I went out to go up to Fort Lauderdale to give a ride to the friend I stay at in Plam Beach.
We get out at Haulover and head north to Ft Lauderdale (Maybe 12-15 Miles) wind is from the South East and in following seas we're having a good ride, fly a couple times and all is well. I drop my friend of at the launch on 15th street in Lauderdale and wait for Parnell to show up with his Saber. He shows up and we head out of Lauderdale for Miami, where you saw us Joe. At that point I am by myself in the boat, now we are heading into the wind and I would say 5-7 foot waves running about 50 mph getting bounced around somewhat but still manageable. At one point I launch and the seas were a tad confused when I land it almost stuffs the boat maybe the last two feet of the nose staid above the water. That slows the boat down drastically and both engines stop , I put it in neutral and try to crank them again. It cranks but but's not starting, I check all breakers switches, kill switch and everything is all right and plugged. By this time Parnell is along side me and Dave swims over to help me look around he checks all the stuff I did and we can't figure why they are not starting. (Thanks again for your help Dave by the way)
Now I call Phil on the cell tell him I'm two miles offshore bobbing like a cork and the engines won't start but they are cranking. Now Phil explains to me in no uncertain terms that I should not be out there with his boat in this weather I tell Phil that I will gladly sit in his office for him to chew me a new one when I get back but that I was calling for something a little more constructive!!! while distressed in the Atlantic! He goes thru all the electrical to check has we had done and then says we will figure a way to get a tow in. He will call me back.
5 Minutes later he calls says "I can here your buzzers when the ignition is turned on on the cell so electrical is ok so jam the throttle full boar and crank the engine you might have flooded it, keep your hand on the throttle if it starts turn it back down." I crank with the throttle wide open and VROOOOM the thing starts repeat on the other and the other engine starts. He tells me that when I landed the sudden deceleration must of stuck the floats somehow in the carburetors and flooded the motors.(something like that)
Once it's running and all set Phil kindly says "Now get your azz back inside and be careful" Than another pearl off wisdom from the man... he says "Now remember G.L. you dodged one there but like I told you, it's not an anvil don't beat on it like it is".
Had a beautiful rest of the day and that experience kept me honest for the rest of the day after that... you saw me about an hour after that "enjoyable" event at Monty's.
They are changing the oil in it today and I will chalk this up to experience and thanks for Phil and Mother nature to slap me back to reality!!!.

Last edited by GLH; 02-18-2004 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only thing missing is a Thong wearing babe!
Old 02-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

GL, I watched them put it on the trailer. No worries man, it only bounced once or twice.

Quick Reply: The best photo of GLH and the new Tiger...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.