Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   PA Fish & Boat Commission - WOW! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72153-pa-fish-boat-commission-wow.html)

C_Spray 02-19-2004 10:03 AM

PA Fish & Boat Commission - WOW!

Had my boat paint touched up over the winter, so the registration decals got removed/destroyed. I was concerned about having to provide proof of their destruction, or having to fill out a pile of paperwork. Instead, I found a toll-free number on the PA state website, called in, went through just two steps of voicemail and got a live person in no time. Her response?: "No problem - just let me have your registration number and mailing address." Since each sticker has a serial number, they log it into their database as being associated with a particular registration number, so she just updated my file. Best part, she sent it out today at NO CHARGE whatsoever. Wow! Not too wild about some things to do with PA, but this was cool. :cool:

She was even very friendly and cheerful, although she did sound a bit like "Roz" from "Monsters, Inc.".... ;)

RollWithIt 02-19-2004 05:37 PM

Im surprised you got anything done with the PA fish and chips enforcement. They never seem to do anything fast when I have to deal with them. But they do have a nice web page that can answer just about every question you can have.

CAP071 02-19-2004 05:48 PM

I was arrested and charged with a boating DUI by them 3 years ago. with a BAC level of 0.03 when the limit was 0.10. cost me $1,500 to have a judge toss out the charges. Because their Pride got in the way and they refused to drop any charges the PA game commision cop told me once they comit they go through the full motions regardless of the out come. :rolleyes:

mopower 02-19-2004 06:03 PM

Originally posted by CAP071
I was arrested and charged with a boating DUI by them 3 years ago. with a BAC level of 0.03 when the limit was 0.10. cost me $1,500 to have a judge toss out the charges. Because their Pride got in the way and they refused to drop any charges the PA game commision cop told me once they comit they go through the full motions regardless of the out come. :rolleyes:
That really sucks. They don't cares how they spend your money , do they?

CAP071 02-19-2004 06:05 PM

NOPE, BUTTHEADS.

The Judge was like, C-ya! NO WAY AM I CHARGING THIS GUY WITH AN 0.03 BAC

RollWithIt 02-19-2004 07:45 PM

I can feel you Capo. I got stopped last summer, he asked how much I had to drink. Mmm maybe 5 beers starting at about 5 pm. It was now after 11. Finished last one before we left dock. He asks for me to take portable breath test. No other tests given at this point. Hmm. Not following guidelines already but I agree. Blow .00 ........ Hmmm. So I ask him what his basis was, after he gets done trying to cover is ineptitude by saying that my speech was fine and movements were fine. He said that my eyes were a little red. Hmm. Just put my contacts in, plus, who doesnt have redish eyes from the wind blowing in them on the water????? Needless to say I was free to go on my way. I could have gotten that one tossed at the preliminary hearing without even hiring a lawyer. They're geniouses I tell ya.

C_Spray 02-20-2004 07:13 AM

Not talking about the "cops" here, fellas, just a group of paper-pushers who did a helluva job for me. Everyone needs a little credit from time to time...

OldSchool 02-20-2004 07:23 AM

Maybe this will stop the misperception that some people have about us public servants not doing our job!!:p :p :D

C_Spray 02-20-2004 07:34 AM

Maybe. Just not in your case....

bajabob38 02-20-2004 07:37 AM

Originally posted by C_Spray
Maybe. Just not in your case....
I could not have said it better.