Notices

Great Salesman!

Old 02-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Great Salesman!

Went to the Grand Rapids Boat Show and met Boatme, and checked out the Nor-Tech Cat he had there. He was very generous with his time and answered all of my questions, even though I am just a tire kicker and not a potential buyer.

From what I saw, he treated everyone with respect and talked with anyone who stopped by. He even took time to talk with my 14 y.o. daughter about her career choices and boating.

I was greatly impressed and if someone on here is looking for a Nor-Tech, they should give Boatme a call!!

Vern
Old 02-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Registered

whats shakin vern I thought you were buying the Nor-tech for a minute

You never told me you have a daughter . and by the way Guns don't scare me
Old 02-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Great Salesman!

Originally posted by Vern
Went to the Grand Rapids Boat Show and met Boatme, and checked out the Nor-Tech Cat he had there. He was very generous with his time and answered all of my questions, even though I am just a tire kicker and not a potential buyer.

From what I saw, he treated everyone with respect and talked with anyone who stopped by. He even took time to talk with my 14 y.o. daughter about her career choices and boating.

I was greatly impressed and if someone on here is looking for a Nor-Tech, they should give Boatme a call!!

Vern
That's the experience everyone should have, because you never know, someday you may be a buyer! Good job Boatme!
Old 02-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Registered

LOL, Traviss, of course I didn't tell you I had a daughter!! That would be like telling a fox where the hen house is at!!

Vern
Old 02-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Registered

Good move Vern, About the daughter. Sorry Travis but, you have a reputation here...lol Dwight
Old 02-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Registered

come on guys... I just want to slap the beef stick on a hottie ..opps...did i say that out load.. I mean, I want a relationship with a hot chick that doesn't beleive in premartual sex

Old 02-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's good to hear. esp with the sales guys I've delt with before
Old 02-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Marc is one of those guys that simply love to talk boats. He was the same way the first time I met him at the Michigan City boat show. He was lucky enough, or smart enough, to get into a business, Manning Trailers, that alows him to do what he loves.

Nice job Marc

There are a few more guys around like him. They are easy to pick out. Several are on OSO. They almost always have something positive to say, or they keep it to themselves. They make themselves very easy to reach. And they will talk to you even if there is very little chance they will ever make a dime from it.

Nice thread.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Good job Boat Me. Its good to know that there are some special people that are still trying to make a difference in this (can't get it right the first time) industry. You always hear the horror stories, from sales to service and not the accalaids that are deserved. I know it can be fraustrating with all the tire kickers, but if looking at it on a long term basis, you want to be remembered like Boat Me, these are the guys that are in this industry cause they love the sport, and really believe in what they do. It would be nice to get this industry going in a positive direction, It's got me baffled why it can't be that way. Thanks Jeff
Old 02-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vern, Why don't you post the guys real name and a contact number. I cannot tell you how hard it is to keep up the momentum in boat sales. So if this guy is treating everyone as an equal and a potential buyer, he deserves a little "Free Press".
And for what its worth, in YEARS of selling offshore boats, I never sold one to the person I thought was a high roller. You meet more "Strokes" in this industry than anywhere else. Guys will have you waste not just hours, but days, getting a customized package together for them, only to never return a call. I have had guys pull up with armed bodyguards and walk the lot with me "Get me a price on a 51 OL with 1200's and pad it &60K for paint, Myco Trailer etc. So after days and days of talking to OL, then Myco, then transporters and wasting everyones time, the guy says he will wait until next year. Blowhards I tell ya!
So if this kid is still out there treating everyone great, I commend him

Quick Reply: Great Salesman!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.