PA Fish & Boat Commission - WOW! >

PA Fish & Boat Commission - WOW!

Notices

PA Fish & Boat Commission - WOW!

Old 02-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up PA Fish & Boat Commission - WOW!

Had my boat paint touched up over the winter, so the registration decals got removed/destroyed. I was concerned about having to provide proof of their destruction, or having to fill out a pile of paperwork. Instead, I found a toll-free number on the PA state website, called in, went through just two steps of voicemail and got a live person in no time. Her response?: "No problem - just let me have your registration number and mailing address." Since each sticker has a serial number, they log it into their database as being associated with a particular registration number, so she just updated my file. Best part, she sent it out today at NO CHARGE whatsoever. Wow! Not too wild about some things to do with PA, but this was cool.

She was even very friendly and cheerful, although she did sound a bit like "Roz" from "Monsters, Inc."....
Old 02-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im surprised you got anything done with the PA fish and chips enforcement. They never seem to do anything fast when I have to deal with them. But they do have a nice web page that can answer just about every question you can have.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was arrested and charged with a boating DUI by them 3 years ago. with a BAC level of 0.03 when the limit was 0.10. cost me $1,500 to have a judge toss out the charges. Because their Pride got in the way and they refused to drop any charges the PA game commision cop told me once they comit they go through the full motions regardless of the out come.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by CAP071
I was arrested and charged with a boating DUI by them 3 years ago. with a BAC level of 0.03 when the limit was 0.10. cost me $1,500 to have a judge toss out the charges. Because their Pride got in the way and they refused to drop any charges the PA game commision cop told me once they comit they go through the full motions regardless of the out come.
That really sucks. They don't cares how they spend your money , do they?
Old 02-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NOPE, BUTTHEADS.

The Judge was like, C-ya! NO WAY AM I CHARGING THIS GUY WITH AN 0.03 BAC
Old 02-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Registered

I can feel you Capo. I got stopped last summer, he asked how much I had to drink. Mmm maybe 5 beers starting at about 5 pm. It was now after 11. Finished last one before we left dock. He asks for me to take portable breath test. No other tests given at this point. Hmm. Not following guidelines already but I agree. Blow .00 ........ Hmmm. So I ask him what his basis was, after he gets done trying to cover is ineptitude by saying that my speech was fine and movements were fine. He said that my eyes were a little red. Hmm. Just put my contacts in, plus, who doesnt have redish eyes from the wind blowing in them on the water????? Needless to say I was free to go on my way. I could have gotten that one tossed at the preliminary hearing without even hiring a lawyer. They're geniouses I tell ya.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Not talking about the "cops" here, fellas, just a group of paper-pushers who did a helluva job for me. Everyone needs a little credit from time to time...
Old 02-20-2004, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Maybe this will stop the misperception that some people have about us public servants not doing our job!!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:34 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Maybe. Just not in your case....
Old 02-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by C_Spray
Maybe. Just not in your case....
I could not have said it better.

Quick Reply: PA Fish & Boat Commission - WOW!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.