Notices

America's Most Wanted

Old 02-23-2004, 01:00 PM
TulsaLarry

Default America's Most Wanted

AMW featured boat builder Angel Aguayo, past owner of Catera Power Boats. He and his girlfriend escaped from the feds during a sting operation in Miami.

Story:

Miami's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents are looking for Argelio "Angel" Aguayo and his girlfriend, Gianni Gugliatto, and an unknown accomplice on cocaine distribution charges. They have been on the run since August 2003.

ICE agents started investigating Aguayo and Gugliatto after a high-speed boat chase in February 2003 led to the seizure of more than 900 pounds of cocaine, roughly an $8.2 million street value. The alleged smugglers fingered Aguayo and Gugliatto as "middlemen" in the Miami drug trade.

In August of 2003, ICE agents, Miami Dade Police and Hialeah Police attempted to set up Aguayo on an undercover drug deal. But when Aguayo got suspicious, the bust was blown and Aguayo fled. A chase ensued, but Aguayo got away.

Aguayo and Gugliatto have not been seen since and are believed to be traveling together. Agents would like to identify an unknown accomplice who was in the back seat of the Cadillac during the car chase.

http://www.amw.com/amw.html

Last edited by TulsaLarry; 03-07-2004 at 04:48 PM.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I had looked at Catera CC's in Key Largo in Sept. 2003. Just went by the dealership a few weeks ago and its an empty lot.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:39 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

miami high perforamnce boat biulders smuggling drugs????

isn't that just a tad cliche' ???
Old 03-07-2004, 04:50 PM
TulsaLarry

She shook the cops in a high-speed car chase, but in the end, she just couldn’t shake the pressure of appearing on the crime fighting show, America’s Most Wanted: America Fight Back. Gianni Gugliatto was wanted by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents in Miami for possession with intent to distribute. This morning, she turned herself in to US Marshals in Miami. Agents say her surrender to federal law enforcement is a direct result of her profile on AMW. Gugliatto is the show’s 781st capture.

ICE agents started investigating Gugliatto after a high-speed boat chase in February 2003 led to the seizure of more than 900 pounds of cocaine, worth roughly $8.2 million. One of the people arrested in the bust gave cops info that led them to Gugliatto and her partner in crime and in life, her boyfriend Angel Aguayo. This information implied that Aguayo was a drug dealer, facilitating the importation of drugs using go-fast boats that he built, and also distributing the narcotics in the Miami area. The investigation also led to a criminal informant who arranged an undercover drug buy with Aguayo.

Old 03-07-2004, 05:29 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm havin a hard time believin this. LOL I thought this $hit ended in the 80's.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

900LBS OF BLOW
Old 03-08-2004, 06:25 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

just another chapter for speed kills!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by open72
900LBS OF BLOW
Ehhh, that's nothin'

They found 20,000 pounds in Tampa Bay last week. Involved were one tanker ship and two "go-fasts."(not my words).
Old 04-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Registered

I could be wrong, but I thought that AMW had an update that Angel Aguayo had turned himself in...
Old 04-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Catera/Powerplay...

Same sh*t, different year...

Quick Reply: America's Most Wanted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.