Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Too Old Any truth to the Rumour? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/72486-too-old-any-truth-rumour.html)

Nauti Kitty 02-23-2004 08:20 PM

Too Old Any truth to the Rumour?

Miami Herald : 2/23/04

Breaking Boat Show News:

Famous OSO'er Too Old's newly remodeled 39 Sutphen to appear in the Smoke on the Water Poker Run in July 2004 in Grand Haven Michigan.
Fred Cecil, owner of the "Refrigerator on it's side" was overheard at the Miami Boat show, referring to all the slow straight bottom deep v's in the great lakes, "I can pass those turd's on one motor!" He was discussing the emergence of his umpteenth offshore rig on the poker run scene in America. Greatly anticipated and often doubted, he led people to beleive that it would in fact be completed this summer. 2004 that is. Everyone who has ridden in a 2000hp sutphen was questioning how he was going to hold on when he hit the sticks for the first time.
The buzz around Montey's, a local offshore hotspot in Miami , on Friday, was that Too Old was in the house. The mere thought of this wise old salty dog showing up at a poker run and kicking everyone's azz was the talk of the show. Look for more updates as we uncover the truth about this possible barnstorming tour.

clearcut3 02-23-2004 08:21 PM

:D :D :D

Nauti Kitty 02-23-2004 08:46 PM

You are more than welcome. I only wish we didn't have to chase boat wakes. :rolleyes:

It was nice to finally meet you and consider the above my invitation north this summer. I bet you have the bug now. :D

BTW Turnabout is fair game. I will expect a ride sometime. NK

Roger 1 02-23-2004 08:52 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
I have heard that ol' tub will be at LOTO over the 4th......we shall see :D

Also, did anyone actually SEE him around Miami??.... ;) :D

I had lunch and drinks with him at Monteys!

Jamie B. 02-23-2004 08:54 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
Also, did anyone actually SEE him around Miami??.... ;) :D
Met T.O. / Fred briefly at Monty's on Friday, N.K. / Parnell too :)

T.O & N.K, nice meeting you guys.

PhantomChaos 02-23-2004 08:56 PM

Fred.......how the heck did I miss meeting you again at Monty's? :(

Reed Jensen 02-23-2004 09:09 PM

Steps??? Heee heee.... We don't need no stinking steps!

wwwTOPDJcom 02-23-2004 09:29 PM

I missed him too :confused:

dockrocker 02-23-2004 09:52 PM

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
Fred.......how the heck did I miss meeting you again at Monty's? :(
Hey Nort, Too Old is something like 5' 6" - you need to LOOK UP when you're at the bar, then you'll see him! :D

sgrady 02-23-2004 10:01 PM

Hey, I seen him there or at least what was left of him form the previous two days !!!:D ;)

BTW thanks as well Parn, hope everything went well !