Notices

Stern Axed?

Old 02-26-2004, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stern Axed?

What did the idiot say now to get pulled off the air in 6 different States?
Old 02-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

You summed him up to the 'T' - IDIOT!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He was pulled from our local market (Orlando) which really sucks. I have been a listener for years. This frankly doesnt suprise me though central florida is very conservative, and clear channel is based in texas. The FCC head is Colin Powells son, Howard has been supportive of Bush up until the last few weeks when he criticised him, the president of viacom testified last week before congress.....yadda yadda. I think what we are seeing is some of the side effects of the conservative shift. Home land security, Patriot act, constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, FCC tightening the reigns on radio. I am no bleeding heart liberal but I am a defender of people rights. If you dont like the content dont listen....... how goddamn hard is that to figure out??

And just to clear this up....... This country was not founded upon "christian" principles it was founded upon the concept of absolute freedoms and diversity.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Steve_H

Originally posted by d-hlaw
He was pulled from our local market (Orlando) which really sucks. I have been a listener for years. This frankly doesnt suprise me though central florida is very conservative, and clear channel is based in texas. The FCC head is Colin Powells son, Howard has been supportive of Bush up until the last few weeks when he criticised him, the president of viacom testified last week before congress.....yadda yadda. I think what we are seeing is some of the side effects of the conservative shift. Home land security, Patriot act, constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, FCC tightening the reigns on radio. I am no bleeding heart liberal but I am a defender of people rights. If you dont like the content dont listen....... how goddamn hard is that to figure out??

And just to clear this up....... This country was not founded upon "christian" principles it was founded upon the concept of absolute freedoms and diversity.
dont forget no taxation without represention
course that went out the window long ago.........

Old 02-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Howard Stern should have been named Richard Stern , because he certainly is a DICK
Old 02-26-2004, 07:45 AM
Registered

I find it funny that alot of you guys dont like Howard.... He is a pioneer and non conformist, an attribute that many of us share by virtue of our passion for offshore boats. I guess that nobody will be concerned until Strip Poker is indicted for indecent materials posted in the uncensored section, and Steve and Jeff are named as co-conspirators and all of their boats are seized as well as every thing else they own. Think its far fetched?? Think about that the next time a picture of a nude girl gets posted and she looks young....... its not the age claimed its the actual age that counts (Traci Lords). We are heading down that path, in fact there are efforts to revisit the internet decency act.......... I am not trying to be a chicken little "sky is falling" kinda person but I see the way the system is changing and am concerned.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Registered

I believe he was only pulled on Clear Channel stations. However that is almost every station.

Roby
Old 02-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Registered

This is what is going on. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...nt_programming
Old 02-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Registered

He was dropped from all SIX (big deal) of Clear Channels stations that carried his show..... . He is still in several hundred other markets.

Although I don't listen, as I think he is tastless...I don't infringe on his right to broadcast, as long as he plays by the rules set down by his bosses....just like every other enployee in America. If he f*cks up, he should be held accountable

d-hlaw...any black helicopters around your house lately.... .

Here is the article

Stern sacked
Old 02-26-2004, 09:18 AM
Registered

No black helicopters....... but I didnt mention Ben Kramer!!!!

Quick Reply: Stern Axed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.