More cops that don't want to work.

Notices

More cops that don't want to work.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:38 PM
homan

bring back the days of the cowboys, the future looks worse and worse

Old 02-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I'm sorry to hear stories like this about law enforcement. I was a cop who loved the job and it sucks I cant do it anymore due to health reasons. Reading this for me is like torture. Call the Chief, Mayor, and City Manager.

Small town Vs Big town, medium town can probably give the best service. Enough man power and financial resources. You wouldnt believe the man hours we put into a homocide and the resources at our disposal. Now Chicago PD...thats a little different.

Old 02-25-2004, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, sucks about your buddy's truck!

I can't believe they won't do anything for him with all that evidence. Take it higher up the ladder, like everyone else said.

I would love to see that story on the news, showing the pics and the phone.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the truck will be fine after the insurance pays to get it fixed, it doesn't need any paint work except for around the one lock hole they riped out, so thats good and he was already thinking about redoing the seats in leather. They wont pay for his Valentine 1 radar detector that they took or his tool's so he out of a 1k there. The worst is that these guy's are going to do it again.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Registered

I hate hearing about incidents like these. All it does is make all the good, hard working cops look bad. Given the details of the case, I would love to have that fall on my lap. Pictures, very incriminating ones, phone records and possible prints. Its a slam dunk case on a felony charge. Why they did not search the truck when it was recovered to find the paraphernalia is beyond me. Maybe they dont have the time or its not in their policy. We inventory the contents of every car that we tow. Now, maybe the dept there is just too overworked for the manpower. People would really be surprised how little time some depts and officers have to actually work cases so the larger ones take precedence. Where I worked, we handled approximately 30 thousand calls for service last year. There were 28 of us working on the dept as a whole. about 15 of which were responsible for handling the calls. So you can do the math and see how busy you can get. Also, to address the notion of catch and release. We have the same frustrations as the general public over that practice. We have no control over if they get bonded out of jail after they are released. We will ask for a high bail or for it to be denied but it ultimately comes down to a judges decision. There were two incidents with out dept that we argued against the judge releasing offenders but she did anyways. These two times the offenders murdered the victims for which they were arrested in the first place.

So I am sorry to hear about your friends problems. Definately take it to the next level on the dept. If they still do not want to pursue, then contact the states attorney with the info posted. Hopefully they have investigators who will follow up on it and file charges for your friend.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is BS!!!!
The police work for us, we pay their salary. I realize they may be loaded with cases but to just brush it off like they don't care is BS.
I'd be talking to an officer higher up the chain and if I didn't get action then I'd take it to the media.

Keep yelling till somebody listens.

You know what....I'll be the narcotics division of your police department will be interested in the evidence and photos.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Kohldog

Why not contact your local TV station? It seems like the perfect story with all of the pictures and the cops not wanting to do anything further.

Old 02-25-2004, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

And we wonder why insurance is so high!!!!!

Does your buddy watch alot of CSI? sounds like he watchs Vegas & Miami
Old 02-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I know they're busy...but they ALWAYS seem to have time to roust people about their driving!

But maybe the only wat the cops can get a raise is to hit me up for another $85... FOR NOTHING!

You are right. I actually know a couple of good cops..
But all in all the word POLICE carries more of a negative meaning than anything positive... Sorry to say it, but that's the truth...
I wish there was abetter way for them to protect and serve. and not harass and aggrevate...

I'll stop now..
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 02-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Registered

Hey, I'll admit that there are areas, cops on the streets that have nothing better to do than go after the motoring traffic. We have guys like that around here. While this does serve a function in our society, function depends on where your standing, it is not always to most popular aspect of the job. I am not a big traffic cop. I would rather go after the important serious crimes and criminals. But, you do get alot of those through traffic enforcement. I've gotten guns, drugs, wanted people, stolen cars, drunks and more just from making traffic stops. That's why I say it does serve a purpose. Ive also left many person go with just a warning after Ive established that they are a good person who simply made a mistake. But I work, worked in a area with a high crime rate. Outside of the City Police, we had about the next highest per capita homicide rate, so you can see why some of the lesser crimes would get less attention. Not alway by choice, but by circumstance. As stated before, just from the information posted, I think that Lapse of Reason's friend has a slam dunk case and its rediculous that they are not goin to pursue it. That appears to be a case of people who just dont care to do the job properly. I appologize but it unfortunaly happens.

Quick Reply: More cops that don't want to work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.