Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I just got my membership renewal e-mail . >

I just got my membership renewal e-mail .

Notices

I just got my membership renewal e-mail .

Old 02-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Mr. Demeanor

When the changes for paying to see pictures was started there was a great thread that had some really good ideas for keeping costs down. The thread got a little out of hand and admittedly, I was one of the guilty parties. The thread got poofed which was unfortunate because there was also a lot of good info. I said it before, Ill say it again. There is an easy way to post your pics that some people here use anyway. Just host them at a photo hosting site. I see pics here all the time when people use a hosting site and there are plenty of free ones.
One other thing Ill ad, I think many new members initially come here because they have a question, concern, had a great experience or sadly, a bad one, with a vendor, dealer, or mechanic. Maybe their boat was stolen. We've seen it many times. Those folks will likely pass on buying a membership if they only have one thing to say. Maybe having the first 25 posts free so they could start their own thread would encourage new membership.

I didn't read this whole thread and I hope it stays civil. I don't think there is anything wrong with letting OSO know how you feel about a policy. It is their board but if people are paying, they should know how their customers feel and what they want. Your not just members now, your customers and you know what they say. Agree to disagree if you must but don't jump on a guy who's priorities or concerns may be different than you own.

One last thing, thanks OSO. Its a great site even without being able to view the pics or start a thread.

Chris (Self appointed spokesman for the non-paying minority )

Old 02-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I just went and read the whole thing and I want to say thanks to Chris for starting one of the best threads ever.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Demeanor wrote:
"I think many new members initially come here because they have a question, concern...... Those folks will likely pass on buying a membership"

Yep, my thoughts exactly, and that's especially true for the Tech section. I expect very few new members now.
Gary
Old 02-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Gary Anderson
Mr. Demeanor wrote:
"I think many new members initially come here because they have a question, concern...... Those folks will likely pass on buying a membership"

Yep, my thoughts exactly, and that's especially true for the Tech section. I expect very few new members now.
Gary

All very valid concerns,, OSO your customers are talking are you listening ???

P.S. thanks for the compliment,, I started this thread knowing full well people were going to jump all over me and tell me if I didn't like it to leave,, stop whining and pony up,, well, I had some thoughts, and I wanted to share.. To those people,, and you know who you are,, look about 8 posts up,, just about sums up what your all about.. What happened to logical rational discussions,, as long as I adhere to and never stray from what the frat. thinks i'm o.k. ?? heaven forbid I have anything negative to say,, even though I have stated several time how much I enjoy OSO and do believe it's their site and can do as they please, and it isn't a NFP organizaiton and have the right to make as much money as they please,, you still jump down my throat.. to you I say,,, get over yourself....

P.S. As long as wer'e ponying up.. I don't see a few names on the advertisers index that should be on there,,, why don't you bottom feeders pony up more than the 49.95,, hell thats a bargain for you.. and if you don't, maybe you'r the one's that should GO AWAY, since you are partly responsible for membership fee's and having the MB classifieds done away with..

Last edited by Chris232; 02-25-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GET BACK TO WORK! SLACKERS!

Please I spent more $$ on Go-Go bars and walked out with not even a BOING-BOING!. I look at some of these boats and babes and get Sprung!

Now Get back to work
Old 02-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Registered

I hope nobody took my post the wrong way. All I was trying to say was that for me, it is worth the extra money charged. I also was not around when this site was free or cheaper so I have nothing to compare it to. However, I do understand your concerns and the points you make are valid. I guess I feel as long as the site is being updated and improved then the costs are justified.

Capo why arent you working?
Old 02-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Registered

I don't mind paying $50 for a year.... It's less than what it costs to take the boat out one time and I get a lot of good info from the site.... Last year I got a pretty cool DVD, which is probably worth the $50 alone...
Old 02-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Registered

Yeah, it's probably worth $50 to me, but would it be to this guy or the few hundred others like him?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=72440
Old 02-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Registered

Yes we are listening. By the way, you can start new threads in the tech section as a registered member and you can view threads even before registering to become a member.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Registered

Way to go OSO.
Now you could allow starting threads in Discussion too, for the "where do I launch my boat at LOTO" crowd.
Gary

Last edited by Gary Anderson; 02-25-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Quick Reply: I just got my membership renewal e-mail .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.